joncitizen Member 92 Member For: 15y 25d Posted 01/09/16 12:20 PM Posted 01/09/16 12:20 PM Hi I've bough a s/h plenum and big boy intercooler. It has come with some studs that look dodgy as: Are these the studs that come with a new kit from Nizpro? Also the Nizpro fitting kit, does it include jumper harnesses or is it a solder and extension job? And does anyone have any pics of the piping that suits the standard cross over. Thanks
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/09/16 12:27 PM Posted 01/09/16 12:27 PM if you bought it second hand why not ask the person you bought it from ?? what model have you got btw
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/09/16 01:00 PM Posted 01/09/16 01:00 PM Google Nizpro 350 kit. Fitting instructions there
joncitizen Member 92 Member For: 15y 25d Posted 01/09/16 01:09 PM Author Posted 01/09/16 01:09 PM (edited) 9 minutes ago, arronm said: Google Nizpro 350 kit. Fitting instructions there I've seen the Nizpro Cobra Kit Install Instructions PDF, but it isn't too helpful tbh, gives me a general idea. Before I buy a new fitting kit from Nizpro for $190, I want to know if it's different or the same as the bodgy studs I got above, they honestly look like they were cut from one piece of rod... and reading up on Nizpro there is problems with the V band clamps, fitment issues with the Rocker Cover, consistency of their drilled out injectors and quality of their valve springs. I don't want to spend that much and end up with the same stuff........................................................ 42 minutes ago, Ford Freak said: if you bought it second hand why not ask the person you bought it from ?? what model have you got btw Sorry, yeah I've got a BF2 XR6T. Old mate isn't too helpful. Edited 01/09/16 01:09 PM by joncitizen 1
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/09/16 01:22 PM Posted 01/09/16 01:22 PM The nizpro cobra kit was a c*nt to fit with the limited instructions available online.In saying that, top notch quality.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/09/16 01:39 PM Posted 01/09/16 01:39 PM They aren't the correct studs. There were a few bad batches of valve springs. I have Nizpro exhaust on 2 F6 and no issues with V band. The exhaust just needs to be aligned correctly If you can't fit from the instructions best get a mechanic to do your work
joncitizen Member 92 Member For: 15y 25d Posted 01/09/16 01:48 PM Author Posted 01/09/16 01:48 PM (edited) 26 minutes ago, Tocchi said: The nizpro cobra kit was a c*nt to fit with the limited instructions available online. In saying that, top notch quality. Good to know, here I was thinking I may have made a mistake buying their hardware.. 10 minutes ago, arronm said: They aren't the correct studs. There were a few bad batches of valve springs. I have Nizpro exhaust on 2 F6 and no issues with V band. The exhaust just needs to be aligned correctly If you can't fit from the instructions best get a mechanic to do your work Ok, might be worth getting the fitting kit then. Maybe old mate bought it s/h too? He told me used an e-series thermostat, which looks like it will work and there is also this: https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/af64-4036-ford-falcon-6cyl-billet-therm but seems too much. Instructions seem ok, only daunting bit is the drilling of the lower manifold. Though they seem to be have written a long time ago, and in BW, written on MS word...... Edited 01/09/16 01:50 PM by joncitizen
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/09/16 01:59 PM Posted 01/09/16 01:59 PM What is in the fitting kit? You are only drilling out the threads. The hole is already there. Piece of piss. You should get crow valve springs.
joncitizen Member 92 Member For: 15y 25d Posted 01/09/16 02:11 PM Author Posted 01/09/16 02:11 PM 2 minutes ago, arronm said: What is in the fitting kit? You are only drilling out the threads. The hole is already there. Piece of piss. You should get crow valve springs. I *think* the studs, thermostat housing, loom extensions x 3. I see, I've got an N/A engine I'm going to pull out and have a dummy fit on that then send it off to get it dipped. Any particular part no. ? Atomic no good?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/09/16 02:30 PM Posted 01/09/16 02:30 PM VTKBA6T-24
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now