unmarkedf6 Member 50 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Female Location: The locker room, toweling down Posted 04/06/16 12:04 AM Posted 04/06/16 12:04 AM I'm at the near end of my build and only thing stopping me is putting my sump over my girdled bottom end. It's a spool girdle, do any mods have to be made to fit it? I'm starting to get frustrated with it, the main studs arnt touching the bottom it's something else...
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/06/16 12:36 AM Posted 04/06/16 12:36 AM Spool weren't helpful?
unmarkedf6 Member 50 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Female Location: The locker room, toweling down Posted 04/06/16 01:11 AM Author Posted 04/06/16 01:11 AM They don't answer on weekends
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/06/16 01:14 AM Posted 04/06/16 01:14 AM you were asking the question in the other thread yesterday, though... sorry I can't be of more help, I've never personally installed a girdle, let alone a spool one in particular.
unmarkedf6 Member 50 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Female Location: The locker room, toweling down Posted 04/06/16 01:53 AM Author Posted 04/06/16 01:53 AM All good, honestly didn't think to speak to them, tried a couple local engine builders and they couldn't give me any advice. But frustrated with this sump
unmarkedf6 Member 50 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Female Location: The locker room, toweling down Posted 06/06/16 10:11 AM Author Posted 06/06/16 10:11 AM Haven't spoken to them but figured out where I went wrong, I think. fitting the windage tray under the girdle.. probably should have realised this before, I ended up grinding the sump a bit, fits snug now, just waiting on injectors now and I'll drop it in! 2
HI PSI Member 1,589 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Central Queensland Posted 06/06/16 10:25 AM Posted 06/06/16 10:25 AM We had to grind some c material from the pan of my sump, when we fitted my Atomic girdle.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 06/06/16 12:53 PM Posted 06/06/16 12:53 PM At powers below 500rwkw are the girdles essential or is it more or less insurance
unmarkedf6 Member 50 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Female Location: The locker room, toweling down Posted 07/06/16 12:18 PM Author Posted 07/06/16 12:18 PM It's probably more of a mental thing, I certainly feel better knowing there's one in my engine, just use main studs if your not going nuts
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now