GT3582R vs GTX3582R?

***VX*R8***

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 4m 24d

So are you guys saying if you put a gtx3582r 62.5mm compressor wheel on a gt35r and bore the .7 housing to suit it will have less lag and more power potential than the stock gt35r?? Win win??? Hard to believe when some guys are saying the gtx3582r is too laggy for street duties, answers please guys, I'm loving this forum! Thanks heaps

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 30d
On 18/01/2019 at 12:07 PM, Puffwagon said:

Hey man I checked a bunch of old logs with the stock setup and here's the results. The stock turbo had an entirely stock intake tract and the bigger turbo had a large front mount among other mods.

I also checked the logs with a gtx wheel in a 0.7 housing with the stock crossover in and out, and then the gen2 gtx3582r logs with full exhaust etc. All 3 turbos had a 12 psi actuator, with the bigger turbos having a ported wg too.

Now obviously we can't make a direct comparison as there are plenty of factors affecting spool but it's interesting to see the differences.

At 30c intake temps, my completely stock intake and exhaust system made 16psi at just over 2600rpm in 4th gear. With the larger compressor housing and wheel, but everything stock still, it made 16psi at just under 3100rpm.

I didn't go through all the logs as it already took farken ages but my gen2 gtx35r with stacks of supporting mods, big exhaust etc made 16psi at 3150rpm but didn't go nuts until about 3500 or so. The one I checked had 50c intake temps.

Anyhow mate there's a bit of info for ya.

Well bud hopefully this doesn't piss you off as much as the last guy but here is some info I sent someone recently. I've changed it slightly to clarify it but the stats are the same.

Now cough up lol :ta:

Jk info is free mate but running the forum isn't ;)

Pics of deadly spool for the haters

Fhl1bGF.jpg

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 1d

GT3582, with no fancy  wheel or housings. I got plenty of boost  (18psi at 2800rpm )under 3k. We did pull some power out as it ran out of pump..

qE5PIC5.jpg

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 5y 4m 24d

Hey thanks puff, so did the gt35r have stock exhaust with a high flow cat, and the gtx wheel turbo have dump and full exhaust, and turbo side intake? Mods that may have helped the gtx wheel spool up.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 30d
35 minutes ago, Slowxr6t said:

Hey thanks puff, so did the gt35r have stock exhaust with a high flow cat, and the gtx wheel turbo have dump and full exhaust, and turbo side intake? Mods that may have helped the gtx wheel spool up.

Nope. Stock turbo had stock everything from the air filter back, except the cooler, in the early logs. Gtx wheel had the dump and cat iirc (maybe it didn't) but that didn't make a difference in spool, it just let the boost be turned up higher with more timing being able to be put in. The cat restriction is a midrange to top end issue, not really a spool issue.

Never got the turbo side intake or catback until after the gen2 was fitted.

Click on the link in old mates sig, it has his car in there in all it's stock glory.

Sketti was awesome thanks.

800g tin of tomatoes

sprinkle of onion powder

sprinkle of garlic powder

sprinkle of sweet paprika

sprinkle of smoked paprika

dash of extra virgin olive oil

fat pinch of dried basil

fat pinch of dried oregano

salt

Slapped together, pressure cooked for ten minutes while the sketti cooked. Served with grated tasty cheese.

• Like 1