Quik6t Member 6 Member For: 11y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 24/08/15 08:46 AM Posted 24/08/15 08:46 AM (edited) Hey guys after the forums gave me much success with Bush replacement help. im here asking about Brakes.I currently have 04 BA MarkII Xr6t At the moment it only has 260kw roughly and Stock Brakes im looking @ Pushing Alot more so I want to spend the money now kinda thing. I have been told The roters / pads need replacing on the front so here I amFor now im only interested in replacing the front pair What your advice and brand you have used and or recommend. If you can throw in a full set all round for a good price I may consider Im pretty Uneducated when it comes to Brakes.Thanks Edited 24/08/15 08:49 AM by Quik6t
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/08/15 09:23 AM Posted 24/08/15 09:23 AM Grab some 322mm discs and calipers from FG turbo or 340mm from territory turbo. Then replace discs with DBA T3 and HPX pads 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 24/08/15 10:07 AM Posted 24/08/15 10:07 AM Yeah QFM HPX pads are pretty good value, used them with my BFII stock brakes and the old DBA4000 series rotors with great success, before finally upgrading to Brembos.Definitely get rid of the stock BA brake calipers, I've always heard they are poo.
Quik6t Member 6 Member For: 11y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 24/08/15 11:16 AM Author Posted 24/08/15 11:16 AM Yeah QFM HPX pads are pretty good value, used them with my BFII stock brakes and the old DBA4000 series rotors with great success, before finally upgrading to Brembos.Definitely get rid of the stock BA brake calipers, I've always heard they are poo.I have read HPX pads are rubbish unless there under some pretty high temps ? ideally I want a good pad but by no means I wont be doing any Track racing How are the Pads in general Street use?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 24/08/15 11:44 AM Posted 24/08/15 11:44 AM I had no issues driving them on my daily, worked fine from cold. I wouldn't use them for high temperature racing or very high speed stops without a chance to cool off while moving, they aren't really designed for that, just spirited driving
Bigg_kayz Member 111 Member For: 12y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Northsider Posted 25/08/15 03:00 AM Posted 25/08/15 03:00 AM (edited) DBA4000s (slotted only for fronts, don't get the "slotted and drilled" as the drilled have tendancies to crack in some cases) Bendix ultimate pads (model is DB1473ult)I had huge shudder issues and all sorts with my old ba mkii xr6t and pulling up badly (running 300rwkw) , smashed on the 4000s with the bendix ultimates.My only complaint is the amount of brake dust , I hate it .. but its either good brakes and dust or no dust and fairly poor braking. people also say the bendix ulitmates can be rough on the rotors and wear them down quickly... I never had such an issue and I generally give my brakes a hard time.You'll get a set of dba 4000 T3's for about $200 (ebay it)and you'll get ulitmates for as low as $100 (ebay that as well)if youre doing it yourself get a caliper / piston spreader $38 from supercheap or $14 on ebay Get a little ford brake fluid too $15-$20 (from the dealer)Then get onto this tutorial..... http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/87706-tutorial-how-to-change-brake-pads/?hl=tutorial Edited 25/08/15 03:05 AM by Bigg_kayz
Quik6t Member 6 Member For: 11y 1m 11d Gender: Male Posted 25/08/15 07:20 AM Author Posted 25/08/15 07:20 AM ^^^^^^^^ Thanks alot for that post mate, Appreciate the advice.
Bigg_kayz Member 111 Member For: 12y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Northsider Posted 25/08/15 09:13 AM Posted 25/08/15 09:13 AM no problem dude , I was just looking in the auto one fathers day catalogue (valid 26th august to sunday september 6th 2015) and they have a special on $299 for a set of DBA T2's and set of bendix ultimate pads.... im not really sure how well the slotted T2's go though , best of luck
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 25/08/15 11:35 PM Posted 25/08/15 11:35 PM Im with these guys DBA's T3's are the only rotors ill use. I ran T3's with Bendix street road track great combo but the STR do give off a bit of brake dust.You could get away with running T2's on the rear but stick with T3's on the fronts.Do not buy RDA's not worth it what so ever. I have used RDA in the past and will never buy them again.Good luck mate. 1
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/08/15 11:47 PM Posted 25/08/15 11:47 PM Wait, turbo Terrys have 340mm front rotors? Same caliper just diff bracket?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now