willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 23/06/15 10:49 AM Posted 23/06/15 10:49 AM Hi guys,I'm in the market for a XR6 BF ute, and a couple of one tonner versions have popped up.I will be making a custom flat tray eventually for whichever version I buy - so the one tonner makes sense in the way that I won't need to store a big bulky style-side tub anywhere!Just wondering what actual differences there are in the way of the XR6 one tonner versus the standard XR6?Cheers Will
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 9d Gender: Male Posted 23/06/15 11:51 AM Posted 23/06/15 11:51 AM Could be wrong but I thought it was the alloy tray, and maybe the rear leafs?
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/06/15 12:14 PM Posted 23/06/15 12:14 PM Tyres 1
bupalooga Legacy Donating Member 262 Member For: 14y 5d Gender: Male Location: Griffith NSW Posted 24/06/15 02:13 AM Posted 24/06/15 02:13 AM Wheels, tyres & rear suspension is all One tonne rated is all the differences as far as I know.Light truck tyres come in 15 & 16" wheels to get the one ton rating but you can get a 17" or 18" that's still got a decent load rating if your doing regular heavy loads. XR6 can come with either 1/2(sports), 3/4(regular)or 1 tonne optional leaf suspension I think. If the one you get aint enough, suspension places can put an extra leaf or 2 in for you to raise it back up a bit. If your not carrying any weight the 1tonne leaves can be a bit hard.Plus you can sell the tub for a few hundred.
willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 24/06/15 02:29 AM Author Posted 24/06/15 02:29 AM Cheers for the help guys!So I assume if it has 1 tonne leafs and I find them a bit harsh, it would be suitable to put in standard leafs? They mount up with the exact same points etc?
bupalooga Legacy Donating Member 262 Member For: 14y 5d Gender: Male Location: Griffith NSW Posted 24/06/15 03:23 AM Posted 24/06/15 03:23 AM Yep all the same mounting points. You can buy a whole new sports/regular leaf set from King springs or get local shop to remove or reset the existing leaves
willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 24/06/15 04:58 AM Author Posted 24/06/15 04:58 AM Brilliant. Cheers for your help!
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 25/06/15 04:29 AM Posted 25/06/15 04:29 AM If you're replacing the leaf springs then you might as well put new shackle bushes in while you're at it. The part number is XT5781A and it needs 8 of them (4 each side). Check eBay for pricing - do a search for the part number.Ford has used the same shackle bush in every wagon and ute Falcon since the 1968 XT, so they're rather common.
willg New Member 14 Member For: 14y 24d Posted 27/06/15 06:07 AM Author Posted 27/06/15 06:07 AM Great tip. Thanks for that!I'm checking the ute out tomorrow - fingers crossed its in mechanical and cosmetic condition as the ad states.Then the fun begins... new flat tray, wide wheels, lows - ahhhh why do we do it to ourselves! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now