One Tonner Differences

willg

• Member For: 11y 7m 11d

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a XR6 BF ute, and a couple of one tonner versions have popped up.

I will be making a custom flat tray eventually for whichever version I buy - so the one tonner makes sense in the way that I won't need to store a big bulky style-side tub anywhere!

Just wondering what actual differences there are in the way of the XR6 one tonner versus the standard XR6?

Cheers

Will

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 21d

Wheels, tyres & rear suspension is all One tonne rated is all the differences as far as I know.

Light truck tyres come in 15 & 16" wheels to get the one ton rating but you can get a 17" or 18" that's still got a decent load rating if your doing regular heavy loads. XR6 can come with either 1/2(sports), 3/4(regular)or 1 tonne optional leaf suspension I think. If the one you get aint enough, suspension places can put an extra leaf or 2 in for you to raise it back up a bit. If your not carrying any weight the 1tonne leaves can be a bit hard.

Plus you can sell the tub for a few hundred.

Cheers for the help guys!

So I assume if it has 1 tonne leafs and I find them a bit harsh, it would be suitable to put in standard leafs? They mount up with the exact same points etc?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 21d

Yep all the same mounting points. You can buy a whole new sports/regular leaf set from King springs or get local shop to remove or reset the existing leaves

• Member For: 15y 9m 11d

If you're replacing the leaf springs then you might as well put new shackle bushes in while you're at it. The part number is XT5781A and it needs 8 of them (4 each side). Check eBay for pricing - do a search for the part number.

Ford has used the same shackle bush in every wagon and ute Falcon since the 1968 XT, so they're rather common.

BF_Wagon_Diff_Replacement_39_23_9_2014.j

BF_Wagon_Diff_Replacement_45_23_9_2014.j

Great tip. Thanks for that!
I'm checking the ute out tomorrow - fingers crossed its in mechanical and cosmetic condition as the ad states.

Then the fun begins... new flat tray, wide wheels, lows - ahhhh why do we do it to ourselves! :pardon:

• Like 1