PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 05/07/15 01:35 PM Posted 05/07/15 01:35 PM $900? Are they any better than t3s? Even the two piece ones above t3s are cheaper hey?
Silverfox666 Member 117 Member For: 11y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney penrith Posted 06/07/15 09:02 AM Author Posted 06/07/15 09:02 AM Apparently they have a really high carbon content in the disc and they will last a lot longer than others & that alloy gold centre hat will look awesome against the yellow rotors I have ....
CHLAXN Legacy Donating Member 932 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: north QLD Posted 06/07/15 09:36 AM Posted 06/07/15 09:36 AM Cool looking calipers mate. Hope you did not scratch the sh*t out of your front bar, looks very close to the gutter in the pic. 1
Silverfox666 Member 117 Member For: 11y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney penrith Posted 06/07/15 09:48 AM Author Posted 06/07/15 09:48 AM Yeah it does look close I actually was looking at that I had a mate edgedUp to it I didn't know he stopped me so close , I checked it this morning and there isn't aSingle scratch as its aBrand new bar , hence getting himOut to guide me in .... Also the DBA 2 piece rotors are nearly $670 each so the shockworks are a bargain at $900 a pair 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 06/07/15 08:19 PM Posted 06/07/15 08:19 PM Wow I forgot how expensive they are. Quick Google shows brakes direct selling for almost $597 each. Probably plus postage.Replacement DBA rings are about $375ea on the first result I found.You pay for the performance. Too much more for me to justify over the one piece T3 when I was shopping for my new rotors.What are the rings worth from shockworks?
Silverfox666 Member 117 Member For: 11y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney penrith Posted 06/07/15 08:36 PM Author Posted 06/07/15 08:36 PM I did not ask how much the hats were on there own I don't think they would wear out would they ???? The shockworks items look awesome and they are cheap compared to the Same DBA item $900 compared to $1200 +
Silverfox666 Member 117 Member For: 11y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney penrith Posted 06/07/15 08:39 PM Author Posted 06/07/15 08:39 PM (edited) I'm only going the 2 piece rotor for the purpose of looks I have gone this far with the 6 spot brembos and am coming up to needing new rotors so why not go for the looks avenue , the one piece and 2 piece would perform the same I would imagine Edited 06/07/15 08:40 PM by Silverfox666
Silverfox666 Member 117 Member For: 11y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney penrith Posted 06/07/15 08:44 PM Author Posted 06/07/15 08:44 PM These are the shockworks rotors
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 25d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/15 11:08 PM Posted 06/07/15 11:08 PM (edited) Silver the two piece floating rotor will transfer less heat into the hub and will run cooler both good things on a track! Also lighter being a two piece. Edited 06/07/15 11:19 PM by Bulletime 1
Silverfox666 Member 117 Member For: 11y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney penrith Posted 07/07/15 01:00 AM Author Posted 07/07/15 01:00 AM Oh ok there you go I learned something today , thanks for that information bud ..... The 2 piece shockworks rotors it is then 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now