common47 Member 74 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Posted 03/11/14 05:46 AM Author Posted 03/11/14 05:46 AM I got the front wheel bearings and bushings installed at Midas a few weeks back. So would ask them to do it again. I called Pedders and they said it would be $166 per side for the rears...
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/11/14 05:51 AM Posted 03/11/14 05:51 AM is that price including the bearings themselves?
common47 Member 74 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Posted 03/11/14 06:41 AM Author Posted 03/11/14 06:41 AM Nope, that is just the labour. I told the bloke at Pedders that I had the part (which I don't yet) so I just needed a quote on labour and yeah he said $166 per side.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/11/14 06:55 AM Posted 03/11/14 06:55 AM (edited) OK, just buy the bearings if you're willing to pay for the labour.this link is about the cheapest for a pair.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-Rear-Wheel-Bearings-High-Quality-Koyo-pair-/271401701206?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f30cd4f56EDIT: this is not a bad option, either.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Premium-Quality-Rear-Wheel-Bearing-Ford-Falcon-BA-BF-FG-Territory-SX-SY-SZ-/151360591011?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233dcb54a3 Edited 03/11/14 06:57 AM by k31th
common47 Member 74 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Posted 03/11/14 08:38 AM Author Posted 03/11/14 08:38 AM Thanks for the links, mate.I'll have a look.I am just confused as they look different to the ones I got off ebay for the front. Oh I have no idea hahaWhy are they so much different to the ones I got: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220872359859
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/11/14 08:40 AM Posted 03/11/14 08:40 AM (edited) The back ones take a lot more load and the ones you just linked are hubs and bearings. Edited 03/11/14 08:41 AM by k31th
common47 Member 74 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Posted 03/11/14 10:25 AM Author Posted 03/11/14 10:25 AM Ah. I see. I am easily confused when it comes to car stuff haha. I got the hub and bearings for the front as I thought I needed the whole unit So with now knowing that, I will probably try and get the hub/bearing kit for the back also.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/11/14 11:02 AM Posted 03/11/14 11:02 AM My first link if you want both the hubs and bearings
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 8d Posted 05/11/14 01:59 AM Posted 05/11/14 01:59 AM buy the assembly with bearing already installed. even with a presss the rear bearings are a pain in the ass to press in and out. yes its more expensive, but well worth it. 1
common47 Member 74 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Posted 08/11/14 07:43 AM Author Posted 08/11/14 07:43 AM Ok, thanks. I will have a a further look into it. Hopefully come across something cheaper!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now