03 Ba Xr6T Rear Wheel Bearings.

common47

• Member For: 13y 3m 1d

Hi - again.

I thought I would pop in and ask you guys a question, seeing as everyone here was more than bloody helpful last time! You blokes got me sorted out and on the right track quick smart.

I recently got my front wheel bearings replaced and got also @senna_t helped me source bushings for my car.

Beauty! All installed etc. I got my car back and the blokes said I would need to possibly get the rear bearings done also. So I am looking around on ebay trying to find what I need. If anyone is able to help - again - it would be so bloody appreaciated.

Cheers guys.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Can only say I got mine done after about 200,000km. It turned out I had a crack in the stub axle though which killed them again quick smart. Ford didn't have any more stub axles nationwide...if they did they were like $1400 anyway. So I grabbed one (the entire "knuckle" actually) from a wrecker for $300 or something.

Here's the broken one

2012-09-06174217edit-1.jpg

2012-09-06174302edit-1.jpg

Fronts I hurt a bit on corners and seem to last 100,000km or so. Have had them done twice now I think. Maybe three times actually, hahaha. 246,000km all up.

Edited by -Stever-
  • Like 1

Jeeeeeez! That looks rough as guts, mate. Hope ya all sorted now.

Mine aren't in that condition. I just got told they could hear some noise from the rear and when I get my car up to 70-90KM/h the noise is very noticeable, so am looking to replace the rear wheel bearings to correct the issue. Just needing a nudge in the right direction on what to get.

Am currently looking at these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TWO-REAR-WHEEL-BEARING-KIT-FORD-FALCON-EA-EB-ED-EF-EL-AU-BA-BF-FG-XG-88-98-2985-/191048699927?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7b63d017

They note this: FORD FALCON AU BA BF WAGON (1998 - ON) NOTE: BEAM AXLE

Noticed they have some other ones for $100. So yeah.

After some clafification.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

ebay has both the entire hub (containing the bearing) or just the bearing. If you have access to a press to get the bearings into your stock hubs then you can just buy the cheaper option of just the bearings. If you don't have that sort of access then you can buy the entire hubs and replace the whole assembly.

When replacing wheel bearings always do both sides as if you just replace one, it's likely the other side will crap out shortly afterwards anyway.

Hey mate,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I am looking to do both as I find it silly to not do both at the same time. I am looking to replace the whole hub. These are the type that are now on the front: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quality-Long-Durability-Ford-Falcon-AU-BA-ABS-Front-Wheel-Bearing-Hub-A-Pair-/221097776423?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337a745527

So am looking for the same kind of thing for the back now. Just not 100%.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

are you getting the bearings installed by a mechanic who's done falcon wheel bearings before, or are you doing them yourself?