junior Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Kellyville, Sydney Posted 05/02/04 06:46 AM Posted 05/02/04 06:46 AM I have been sitting on the fence this arvo reading the posts with great interest.As far as I know Brian has planned his T56 upgrade to be fitted in the next few weeks so this would mean that he has probably not bought the box yet.Peter if your on these forums to provide us with helpfull advice as well as marketing your kits then why would you not disclose the better gearbox option that you keep refering to .I am sure that Brian or any other member on this forum would like to hear about any possible gearbox upgrade that would be better than the T56 or T5.You market your kits very well on these forums and seems like the majority of people here beleive what you tell them.Just because your gearbox is not ready for the big marketing push on these forums doesn't mean that people can't benefit from the idea.If $8000 for a box can be spent in better ways lets hear it , you never know brian might change his mind if the idea is good enough and throw some business your way.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/02/04 06:49 AM Posted 05/02/04 06:49 AM What is BTR and FORD specs . A diff and gearbox specialist says between 470 and 500 nm . How is it driven? How is the power delivered etc etc etc...280kw and 505 nm box has done 160000km nothing wrong with it.....either a good box or a docile driver .... who knows IMHO, the terrible (and expensive) reality of both the manual and the Auto XR6 transmissions is that if they could CONSISTANTLY AND OFTEN handle the power that gets fed through them over 240kW, then FMC wouldn't have bothered to go to the extra expense of better manual and auto boxes for the XR8 and the GT. Anybody who believes that they are going to be able to up the line pressure or beef up the box and get consistant reliablility way and above the standard boxes, especially running 280+ kW, is either wishful thinking or delusional. Reading what has happened and is now happening more frequently to the transmissions of modified Ts, I think that time is beginning to establish as fact , that without forking another excessive cost to strenghten the transmissions when somebody finally figures out how to do it. If you modify a T past stage 1 then expect a bloody great bill for an auto or man transmission within 8 - 12 months, because beyond all the wishful thinking and positive speculation. The boxes were never designed to consistantly handle more than 240kW.Exactly the same thing happened between 86 - 89 with the modded VL turbos, lots of promises, lots of go, then hey presto a bloody huge trans bill.Perhaps Aus revhead history is repeating itself, me thinks
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 12d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/02/04 07:15 AM Posted 05/02/04 07:15 AM I would prefer to know who people work for when receiving advice, and I don't believe I should have to ask where you are from. If you are an employee and can't speak to the company, why don't you let your boss know that a debate is being played out and get involved! It seems that you are missing out on opportunity if you don't.The same thing happened with Cuspub of Nizpro in the terms that he was representing the views of Nizpro without many of the forum members knowing who he was representing. I think this issue should be looked into by the moderators IMO.Cheers
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 05/02/04 08:42 AM Posted 05/02/04 08:42 AM I would prefer to know who people work for when receiving advice, and I don't believe I should have to ask where you are from. If you are an employee and can't speak to the company, why don't you let your boss know that a debate is being played out and get involved! It seems that you are missing out on opportunity if you don't.The same thing happened with Cuspub of Nizpro in the terms that he was representing the views of Nizpro without many of the forum members knowing who he was representing. I think this issue should be looked into by the moderators IMO.Cheers I agree
Guest esky Guests Posted 05/02/04 10:01 AM Posted 05/02/04 10:01 AM The same thing happened with Cuspub of Nizpro in the terms that he was representing the views of Nizpro without many of the forum members knowing who he was representing. I think this issue should be looked into by the moderators IMO. There is no way in hell that I would spend more than $5 on any perceived performance product, just because someone on the net or in a magazine says it works. Although the turbo zet looks awesome! You do your own research, and find you own conclusions. If you share what works for you, that doesn’t mean it works for me or anyone but you.I’m quite happy to hear hv8355 and edos input, and although there is sponsorship from APS and they have a fantastic product , they don’t own nor control the content in these forums. And any comments made by real or perceived performance specialists should be checked out personally. Back to the topic, I'm yet to find more that 1 or 2 people that have blitzed their box with the occasional heavy launch.esky
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Posted 05/02/04 11:53 AM Posted 05/02/04 11:53 AM I have been sitting on the fence this arvo reading the posts with great interest.As far as I know Brian has planned his T56 upgrade to be fitted in the next few weeks so this would mean that he has probably not bought the box yet.Peter if your on these forums to provide us with helpfull advice as well as marketing your kits then why would you not disclose the better gearbox option that you keep refering to .I am sure that Brian or any other member on this forum would like to hear about any possible gearbox upgrade that would be better than the T56 or T5.You market your kits very well on these forums and seems like the majority of people here beleive what you tell them.Just because your gearbox is not ready for the big marketing push on these forums doesn't mean that people can't benefit from the idea.If $8000 for a box can be spent in better ways lets hear it , you never know brian might change his mind if the idea is good enough and throw some business your way.Glad you enjoyed todays topic on the 5 speed trans issue, its been a pearler of an issue and entertaining for all I'm sure. :lol: Well it wouldnt be to difficult to improve on the T56 shift quality I dont see this as a positive step foward and I would investigate the stock T5 as to what has failed and what could be improved to extend durability.We have designed an improved gear set for the wrx trans and have had great success in improving the durabilty of this 5 spd transmission utilising this strategy.The other option, though more expensive which APS will use in the future for our 1000HP engine will be the 6 SPD twin turbo Supra trans and we are designing the fitting kit currently. This offers excellent shift quality and is nearly bulletproof in extremly high torque applications and we have used this transmission behind many very powerful engines with great success.In any event this only my opinion for what its worth, the proof will be in the pudding. PeterAPS
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Gender: Male Posted 05/02/04 02:55 PM Posted 05/02/04 02:55 PM Thanks Pete, I think I might go the supra 6 sp route also
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 05/02/04 07:26 PM Posted 05/02/04 07:26 PM Pardon my ignorance but what box does the XR8 have ?
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Posted 05/02/04 08:57 PM Posted 05/02/04 08:57 PM Thanks Pete, I think I might go the supra 6 sp route alsoNo problem, this is the trans to use if your serious about huge torque and grippy tyres and running a heavy FORD in the mid 10"s, this trans is simply a work of ART. :popcorn: PeterAPS
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Posted 05/02/04 09:01 PM Posted 05/02/04 09:01 PM Pardon my ignorance but what box does the XR8 have ?A 5 speed Tremec box imported from America, And the shift quality is quite good, suprisingly.PeterAPS
Recommended Posts