arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/09/14 01:50 AM Posted 23/09/14 01:50 AM Yeh, hope you dont have to increase radiator size as there is minimal room left. Size isnt everything. Design is very important. Its not all about cramming in the largest that will fit.I am sure it will work well. Do you have back to back dyno figures and inlet and outlet temp results to compare against the other coolers you have ran. 1
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/09/14 02:03 AM Posted 23/09/14 02:03 AM Dude post 1 lol 1
ripped6 Legacy Donating Member 246 Member For: 15y 1m 26d Gender: Male Posted 23/09/14 02:18 AM Author Posted 23/09/14 02:18 AM Based on that size I would say it would be fair to compare it with a process west 3 cooler, 500x425x100 is the process west size. I've done a few high 400rwkw pulls on the dyno and IT climbed 5 degrees.indeed it would be a good comparison to the process west stage 3 as this cooler is 480 x 430 x 100. the nizpro cooler was/is 480 x 440 x 80 and suffered 5 degrees of soak after the first run. had my tuner done more runs I believe this would have been an exponential figure. Yeh, hope you dont have to increase radiator size as there is minimal room left. Size isnt everything. Design is very important. Its not all about cramming in the largest that will fit.I am sure it will work well. Do you have back to back dyno figures and inlet and outlet temp results to compare against the other coolers you have ran.based on the stock temp gauge the car is running the coolest it ever has so I doubt I'll need a new radiator. and as far as quality goes that's one of the reasons I no longer run the Chinese bar and plate coolers that saturate the market. The only data I have for the last cooler is already posted, I will chat to my tuner when I hopefully collect my car today. hope to do at least 3 back to back runs if not more at the same boost pressure as the previous cooler and see how it fares.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/09/14 02:35 AM Posted 23/09/14 02:35 AM Yeh back to back with same boost will be good. Would be interesting to just run it straight up with out changing anything to see what if any difference there is.My car didnt overheat either until I took it to the track. If yours is just a street car then stock rad should be fine. 1
ripped6 Legacy Donating Member 246 Member For: 15y 1m 26d Gender: Male Posted 23/09/14 02:50 AM Author Posted 23/09/14 02:50 AM Unfortunately im upgrading the fuel system and sorting out my overboost issues (new exhaust housing, port job and actuator) so direct back to back runs are out the window. so will have to settle for same boost and possibly timing depending on power level. luckily the temperature today is almost identical to when I ran it up 3 weeks back.what cooler do you run arronm? do you run an ethanol fuel? tube and fin coolers allow a lot more air to pass through to the radiator then a bar and plate cooler will. ethanol fuels burn cooler as well.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/09/14 05:41 AM Posted 23/09/14 05:41 AM Read my Sig apparently I am sponsored by NIZPRO. I do use mostly nizpro gear, so their cooler. I run P100. 1
ripped6 Legacy Donating Member 246 Member For: 15y 1m 26d Gender: Male Posted 23/09/14 06:42 AM Author Posted 23/09/14 06:42 AM ah nice, cant complain about free parts.
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 23/09/14 11:19 AM Posted 23/09/14 11:19 AM You must of got it back from the tuners Jarrad coz it's pissing down atm and isn't that what always happens?
ripped6 Legacy Donating Member 246 Member For: 15y 1m 26d Gender: Male Posted 23/09/14 11:36 AM Author Posted 23/09/14 11:36 AM No luck Ben, the extra pump I had fitted on my surge tank has sent my regulator off the deep end :/ ordered a new reg and fitting kit today from plaz 1
mummba Member 525 Member For: 16y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 23/09/14 12:50 PM Posted 23/09/14 12:50 PM free from nizpro????? that's funnier than cheap from nizpro haha 5
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now