FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/14 10:57 AM Posted 28/07/14 10:57 AM Never been a huge fan of the turbo spooling noise, I love the ute right now becuase of the fact it isn't loud & over stated. Any way to make the drivers side airbox replacements a little quiter? I'm thinking of using an FG intake muffler somehow.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 28/07/14 01:52 PM Posted 28/07/14 01:52 PM (edited) Go back to oem intake? Or otherwise wrap the pod filter in duct tape. Edited 28/07/14 01:54 PM by XtRmn8
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/07/14 09:51 PM Posted 28/07/14 09:51 PM Trouble is the fg intake muffler does a 180 pretty much, there doesn't seem like enough material to cut it down but you never know if you don't try. You could perhaps make your own it's a simple enough concept. I just wonder if it's having the baffling right on the bend that makes it work in the first place?Or as above go back to stock lol? Why go turbo side if you don't like spool? I will swap you an entire stock fg setup for a turbo side
jules_1972 Member 39 Member For: 16y 10m 3d Gender: Male Posted 28/07/14 10:44 PM Posted 28/07/14 10:44 PM ^^^ WHS ^^^Just keep the intake all stock.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 29/07/14 04:33 AM Posted 29/07/14 04:33 AM Have you tried lining the airbox with sound deadener and then the inch thick foam sound absorber?Obviously you have to leave where the air enters open (under headlight?) but seal off everywhere else around it and atleast then the airbox is as best it can be!As for the muffler, surely you can buy a big plastic oil funnel (8inch) and cut it off at the intake pipe size (3-4inch) and go from there?Regardless though, make sure you take photos of it for us all and good luck with it....
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 29/07/14 08:51 AM Author Posted 29/07/14 08:51 AM Well I'm pretty keen to mod an airbox on the existing side & leave the battery where it belongs. Failing that I'll do the swap. I want to develop a 3d printed box actually, either side that uses a stock panel. Think it can be done
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 30/07/14 05:41 AM Posted 30/07/14 05:41 AM If you have a 3d printer and the software can mirror image the original intake box then I can't see why not! It would be cheaper though to make the usual 4in intake on the battery side and insulate it and I'd say the noise level would be similar in the end anyway...Depending on what power you want to chase you may be better off just leaving the original box in place and make some bigger piping to the turbo!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now