Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 6m 8d
Posted

Hey guys just wondering if I was to put say like stage 4 cams in my fg xr6 turbo would I hav to get an aftermarket ECU or could I just get it tuned in once I take it to the dyno?

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Stage 4 can still be used with factory ecu

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

Have Stage 4's in my BA with just valve springs. Once fitted you won't be able to drive the car or even start it as the airflow is vastly different from factory. Ideally you would fit them to a built motor but I did it simply as a tuning exercise. Fuel economy is pretty horrendous, especially on e85 so keep that in mind. When tuned correctly the Stage 4's won't lope at idle and pretty much sound and behave like a factory car.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 6m 8d
Posted

Ahhhk I've done a bit of work to it, upgraded oil lines, garret gtx3582r, twin 044's, process west surge tank, upgraded Intercooler, 1600cc injectors and plazmaman fuel rail, 4inch turbo back xforce exhaust, 4 inch plazmaman intake and performance valve springs are going in soon.

Was wondering what brand and what stage would u recommend for this setup?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Have Stage 4's in my BA with just valve springs. Once fitted you won't be able to drive the car or even start it as the airflow is vastly different from factory. Ideally you would fit them to a built motor but I did it simply as a tuning exercise. Fuel economy is pretty horrendous, especially on e85 so keep that in mind. When tuned correctly the Stage 4's won't lope at idle and pretty much sound and behave like a factory car.

How horrendous is the fuel economy? I'm thinking about throwing atomic 4.5s in my built engine. Will be running E85.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

Idle was 1.8 L/hr idle with 98ron, 2.3 on e85 and now 3.6 with the Stage 4's and e85. If you're using e85 daily, stick with the stock cams IMHO. If it's a race car....go minimum Stage 4.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 6m 8d
Posted

It's more for like just a weekend car not an everyday car and would like to take it to some shows, powercruise, motorvation etc.

just want some cams that won't cause me to much trouble and get the cops attention as much..

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 16d
Posted

If tuned correctly..ie not locking the VCT's either

They'll barely be noticeable,.... minute lop on idle

Im running stage 4..

Exhaust note is awesome I may add..

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...