406Rwkw Self Tooned

Peppy_t92

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 6d

Gayyyyyy^

So how are you supposed to tune with SCT if you can't even get access to software....

I'll just keep mine but see how the HP goes this weekend ;) have you dragged yours yet?

Edited by MA91CK
  • Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Haha your not.. But as Jet said, hp is fine for editing the ecu.

Advantages for sct is the handheld box which stores tunes and their more refined Ford PID's for logging, and they may have a few more tables available to adjust, and possibly better support

Gayyyyyy^

So how are you supposed to tune with SCT if you can't even get access to software....

I'll just keep mine but see how the HP goes this weekend ;) have you dragged yours yet?

I tried, but traction and a few fuel issues I'll have to resolve before going back out

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 6d

Exactly, tuners wouldn't use it if they were junk

• Like 1

• Member For: 21y 29d

You did excellent. E85 seems like a pretty forgiving fuel to tune with and probably a good one to learn on.

There are no secrets in tuning anymore. Its all out there in internet land.

The only problem is that you cant really learn how to tune with these Flash tuners. IMO you will only be a good tuner with these Fords if you have had a bit of experience with a live tuning ECU.

I don't have time atm to do it but the DIY tuning guys need to get together to do some sort of tuning tutorial for the Aussie ford to go thru step by step what needs to be changed in Hp Tuners to get a good 16psi tune.

Edited by turbotrana

You did excellent. E85 seems like a pretty forgiving fuel to tune with and probably a good one to learn on.

There are no secrets in tuning anymore. Its all out there in internet land.

The only problem is that you cant really learn how to tune with these Flash tuners. IMO you will only be a good tuner with these Fords if you have had a bit of experience with a live tuning ECU.

I don't have time atm to do it but the DIY tuning guys need to get together to do some sort of tuning tutorial for the Aussie ford to go thru step by step what needs to be changed in Hp Tuners to get a good 16psi tune.

Thanks tranna, you have actually helped me out also, your tune file that you emailed me was the final step in gaining the confidence to take the leap and start having a play, also through posts in the "Aus Tuning thread" so thanks mate

Your right, I believe I'd learn a hell of a lot quicker in a real time tuning situation especially on a dyno, but I don't have that luxury haha so I'll have to just keep putting along and learning as I go, the more cars I play with the more I'm begging to understand.

Buy a dyno its the only way to do it ;)

Hahaa is love to!! it has been a serious gumtree/eBay search many times!!

Don't think the neighbours feel the same way