sfr rob Member 29 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Posted 02/05/14 03:51 PM Posted 02/05/14 03:51 PM Hey guys.I just bought a TT and want to start modding it.I want a front mount cooler and a retune.What front mount cooler is the best for the TT's?Who do you guys recommend to do a retune. I'm in SE Vic. I heard Nizpro have an awd dyno?CheersRob
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/05/14 08:23 PM Posted 02/05/14 08:23 PM have a look on the nizpro website they have packages for the tt. well last time I looked.
grimesy New Member 7 Member For: 13y 5m 28d Posted 03/05/14 11:08 PM Posted 03/05/14 11:08 PM It would depend on what power your chasing, if it was just for a little more I would actually change the injectors and tune before front mount. But as far as coolers I use a RAPID FG cooler turned upside down with custom piping. Also look at HS Tuning on facebook, Daniel is a awesome tuner and knows turbo terries.
nxr06 Legacy Donating Member 117 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Posted 06/05/14 06:36 AM Posted 06/05/14 06:36 AM I fitted a plazmaman front-mount kit... not sure if they still make them .... The heat soak is that bad on the stock ones it's a must do mod..... 2
inline_6 New Member 14 Member For: 12y 8m 26d Posted 15/05/14 05:52 AM Posted 15/05/14 05:52 AM I'm actually thinking the stocka front mounted might be worth tryingSent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
inline_6 New Member 14 Member For: 12y 8m 26d Posted 15/05/14 05:59 AM Posted 15/05/14 05:59 AM especially since I'm not preppeard to go big exhaust so I'm gonna just ram it as hard as I can with stock cooler front mounted and debung n see when boost drops off??Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
sfr rob Member 29 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Posted 30/05/14 10:56 PM Author Posted 30/05/14 10:56 PM Bloody hell, maybe I should remember that I posted a thread on this forum..... oooops.Yeah, the heat soak is a joke with the standard cooler setup, after a little burn up to the shops and back, I can barely touch the "intercooler" it gets that hot.I was talking to a fella the other day who has a turbo terry which is pumping out over 350kw@ the wheels and he is using a standard BF F6 cooler, apparently it fits straight up. Anyone else using one on their Terry?Plazmaman cooler kits on ebay are going for $2.5k...... To me, that is bloody ridiculously expensive for what it is, but I have no idea about coolers and what they're worth to be honest.Anyway, my Terry is surging like a bastard, changed fuel filter... it fixed it for a day, then it started surging again.Checked piping, one hose was loose on intake side of turbo, that fixed it for a day, then it started surging again....Replaced wastegate actuator thing, and it fixed it for a day, now it is surging again.Also have a terrible vibration under load at hwy speeds, feels like front left drive shaft is unbalanced.Same guy I spoke to said he's terry chews up drive shafts and he has replaced his transfer case 3 times already and that has solved the issue.Think I will just go the whole hog and drop it off at Nizpro since they're the only AWD dyno around that I know of (S/E suburbs melb ) and get them to sort it all out. I am scared she's gonna go pop when under boost.
inline_6 New Member 14 Member For: 12y 8m 26d Posted 01/06/14 08:00 AM Posted 01/06/14 08:00 AM (edited) sounds sh*tty good luck Edited 01/06/14 08:00 AM by inline_6 1
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 24/06/14 01:15 AM Posted 24/06/14 01:15 AM If your going to leave the TT standard then by all means fit the standard IC to the front, but if you are planning on tuning then just buy a big IC, get custom piping done (or buy a kit) and go from there as the cores are simply to small for decent boost!Also If old mate thinks he is getting 350awkw's then he is either on crack, it happened while on a dyno in Antarctica or more than likely it was 350awhp (260kw)...Once! 1
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 24/06/14 08:47 AM Posted 24/06/14 08:47 AM 350awkw BF F6 cooler 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now