genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 17d Posted 26/04/14 01:17 PM Posted 26/04/14 01:17 PM I've heard the fg turbos have weak intercooler piping and need to be replaced due to the stock piping bursting.I was wondering at what power range will I need to change the piping?
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 26/04/14 02:55 PM Posted 26/04/14 02:55 PM Haven't heard of burst pipe, occasionally hear of blown hose off the pipe due to bad clamps etc. if your making a million killawaps you've probably replaced the stock pipe anyway
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 26/04/14 03:16 PM Posted 26/04/14 03:16 PM Have seen a burst pipe in person on a cruise in the early days of FG. Pretty killer 3
Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 12d Posted 27/04/14 03:49 AM Posted 27/04/14 03:49 AM (edited) Some peoples hold up fine, other ones burst later on from my research. Either way the material they are made of is thin and poor quality not something you'd expect out of a high performance car, so a good idea is to get a pipe kit and replace it.I'd say if your running anything more than factory boost, replace them. Edited 27/04/14 03:52 AM by Z2TT 3
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 17d Posted 27/04/14 09:18 AM Author Posted 27/04/14 09:18 AM If I decide to replace the piping, not the cooler just the piping, do I need a tune?
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 27/04/14 11:10 AM Posted 27/04/14 11:10 AM KABOOM!
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 19d Posted 27/04/14 11:25 AM Posted 27/04/14 11:25 AM No, the coolerworx and herrod replacement piping kits can be put on without a tune 1
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 17d Posted 28/04/14 08:54 AM Author Posted 28/04/14 08:54 AM Awesome, so straight fit? 1
mdmatt Member 70 Member For: 12y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/04/14 12:00 PM Posted 28/04/14 12:00 PM Yes straight fit as far as I know.I'm running 14psi through stock piping and cooler but that'll be changing real soon. 1
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 17d Posted 28/04/14 08:17 PM Author Posted 28/04/14 08:17 PM oh nice, I was told if you increase boost, you need to change piping asap
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now