WA2Q1K Member 4 Member For: 13y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Wodonga Posted 24/04/14 10:59 AM Posted 24/04/14 10:59 AM I am looking for quicker times at the track.What is the best way to make a 6 speed auto XR6 Turbo launch.Do you use the park brake? I've seen this done on a few Youtube videos.I simply slip it into Sports mode push for 1st and hold the brake, hit the loud pedal, let the car just start spinning the wheels and release the brake on the last yellow.Am I doing it right or is there a more effective method?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Mick
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/04/14 11:01 AM Posted 24/04/14 11:01 AM Nah mate start in reverse J Turn which gives you fling then nail it. 3
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/04/14 11:32 AM Posted 24/04/14 11:32 AM I get there early to avoid the queue. Say about 20 to 12. 1
Blitzkrieg Member 73 Member For: 13y 2m 18d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/14 11:39 AM Posted 24/04/14 11:39 AM R is for Race
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/14 12:14 PM Posted 24/04/14 12:14 PM (edited) I've run 11.2 down the strip, the best way to launch is to have good grip mate. I use chewing gum and double sided tape on the tyres, works a treat and I managed to get a 1.7 60" footerYour car stock? running et radials? more info needed. No point trying to get the best launch and quicker times when it wont hook up and just spin on the spot Edited 24/04/14 12:15 PM by sct911 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 24/04/14 12:36 PM Posted 24/04/14 12:36 PM Yeah basically build as much boost as you can hold on the line, combo of good tyres and as many brakes as you can get happening.Then hope your input and tailshafts are up to task! 3
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 25/04/14 03:24 AM Posted 25/04/14 03:24 AM I get there early to avoid the queue. Say about 20 to 12.Sorry mate didnt read your post properly.Thought you were asking about lunch. 4
WA2Q1K Member 4 Member For: 13y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Wodonga Posted 02/05/14 11:10 AM Author Posted 02/05/14 11:10 AM (edited) Thanks you guys are a hoot.Seriously though for sct911My car is running in street class so it must have street tyres. I have a spare set of 18 x 8.5's in good nick that I use, traction is an issue.Mods include: 60lb injectors, a walbro fuel pump, a plazmaman intercooler, a mace cold air induction kit and a 12psi turbosmart actuator. It has a mild tune limited to 12psi.The car is my daiy driver so fun is the reason for racing Edited 02/05/14 11:13 AM by WA2Q1K
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/05/14 10:30 PM Posted 02/05/14 10:30 PM My car is for daily driving as well.Simply work out how much stall you can get before the car is just about to spin up and then go.You should be able at your level of power get what you need just on foot brake alone.Practice, Practice Practice.... really no other way.Without a stally you still be able to net 2400 - 2500 rpm! 1
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 04/05/14 01:41 AM Posted 04/05/14 01:41 AM I heard you need a clean launch, so I rigged an upside down detergent bottle in front of the rear bags. im pretty confident im on the money with this one. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now