aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Posted 07/04/04 09:15 AM Posted 07/04/04 09:15 AM So Mr 100% whats the verdict? My Tonner just ran an 11.9 the other night, so I reckon you and I are going to have a really close race And it only cost you what........$1500 at full retail. PeterAPS
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 07/04/04 09:24 AM Posted 07/04/04 09:24 AM So Mr 100% whats the verdict? My Tonner just ran an 11.9 the other night, so I reckon you and I are going to have a really close race Close, but you'll still get beat. Enjoy your 11.9 seconds behind a T champ!
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Posted 07/04/04 01:12 PM Author Posted 07/04/04 01:12 PM (edited) So Mr 100% whats the verdict? My Tonner just ran an 11.9 the other night, so I reckon you and I are going to have a really close race Close, but you'll still get beat. Enjoy your 11.9 seconds behind a T champ! 11.9 was a shakedown for Heathcote.As Mr Luxon advised me I have now put a 'Race Tune' in it, and adjusted the trans settings with the laptop a little. Should do an easy 11.5 - 11.6 at Heathcote. Time will tell!And Pete, its $4550+GST matehttp://users.senet.com.au/~dtech/genx2kit.htmYou might want one for your next Expensive Daewoo project Edited 07/04/04 01:15 PM by Street Tuner
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 07/04/04 02:24 PM Posted 07/04/04 02:24 PM So its $5,000 for starters.Are you running any of the "Extra" $1800+ in options? MAFless tune, big exhaust (starts at 900...goes up too?) etc?Also from memory you were running a shorter ratio diff? Is that included in the price or have you ditched that and are running the stocko diff again?And are the 'adjusted trans settings" included in that too?380KW is a great effort no doubt, was that achieved with the basic kit though?or is it with all the "added extras" as well?Cheers,
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Posted 07/04/04 09:37 PM Posted 07/04/04 09:37 PM So Mr 100% whats the verdict? My Tonner just ran an 11.9 the other night, so I reckon you and I are going to have a really close race Close, but you'll still get beat. Enjoy your 11.9 seconds behind a T champ! 11.9 was a shakedown for Heathcote.As Mr Luxon advised me I have now put a 'Race Tune' in it, and adjusted the trans settings with the laptop a little. Should do an easy 11.5 - 11.6 at Heathcote. Time will tell!And Pete, its $4550+GST matehttp://users.senet.com.au/~dtech/genx2kit.htmYou might want one for your next Expensive Daewoo project Sorry Martin, I'm not into centrifugal water pumps. Things would need to get really desperate before I would seriously consider utilising a mechanically driven water pump......been there and done that before. :lol: Good luck at heatchcote hope to put down some good times, and have a good easter break.PeterAPS
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 07/04/04 10:11 PM Posted 07/04/04 10:11 PM Actually Mark, you been a bit quiet lately mate!Might have to get 'Team Silhouette' and 'Club Xede' into the equation! :lol: If you make your car weigh 1800k's with you in it & have same size tyres all round, I'll run you.Scotty
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Posted 07/04/04 10:17 PM Author Posted 07/04/04 10:17 PM Sorry Martin, I'm not into centrifugal water pumps. :banghead: Hey Pete Ive still got the remnants of an APS water pump at home somewhere!However most of what you say is right. Its just that those who have been promising their twin turbo kits ready for April have been unable to deliver. What choice does that leave anyone?
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Posted 07/04/04 10:19 PM Author Posted 07/04/04 10:19 PM Anyway back to the relevant topic. Anyone coming to watch the C&V car? If there is a group let me know and I can arrange a discount entry for you
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 9d Posted 11/04/04 12:04 AM Author Posted 11/04/04 12:04 AM If you make your car weigh 1800k's with you in it & have same size tyres all round, I'll run you.Scotty I missed this oneIm going to run a set of 255 17 inch radials on the back, and 245s on the front for a few runs. My car weighs 1760kg with me, so I will put another 40kg of ballast on the tray, and then weigh it in front of you at the track. Should go 12.10 or so at 114mph like this. If it makes you happy, I will take the blower belt off, run it normally aspirated, and still pull a 12.90 at 105 for you Still feeling confident? Or is it run and hide time now And, before you do the usual T owner thing of sobbing, sooking, whining, doing anything to avoid actually having to drag race someone, it was YOU that laid the challenge. Now back it up scaredy pants.How much head start you want?
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 11/04/04 12:41 AM Posted 11/04/04 12:41 AM Will that weight include your baseball cap :lol:
Recommended Posts