awwyeaa Member 18 Member For: 12y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/14 09:36 AM Posted 17/03/14 09:36 AM I have a ba xr6t with plazmaman stage 1 I/c kit, 2nd cai and high flow cat, waiting to take it to the tuner for injectors, actuator and tune. will I need to port the wastegate? generally when does this mod need to be applied?
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 13d Posted 17/03/14 09:40 PM Posted 17/03/14 09:40 PM Generally when a full exhaust is fitted and the cross over and such is removed. Have u done valve springs?
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 18/03/14 08:19 AM Posted 18/03/14 08:19 AM As above, it's more so when the dump size is increased to 4". In saying that it does help the tuner control boost spike even with just the cat modded, every car reacts differently
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 19/03/14 02:47 AM Posted 19/03/14 02:47 AM (edited) I had a totally standard rear housing and when I fitted a 4inch dump and cat with a 3 1/2 cat back had no issues with boost spike But everyone's car behaves differently Edited 19/03/14 02:48 AM by McMattyP91
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/03/14 02:49 AM Posted 19/03/14 02:49 AM ^your car is an Fg, they have a bigger wastegate than a B series.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 19/03/14 02:51 AM Posted 19/03/14 02:51 AM Forgot to mention that My bad
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Posted 19/03/14 06:45 AM Posted 19/03/14 06:45 AM I had a totally standard rear housing and when I fitted a 4inch dump and cat with a 3 1/2 cat back had no issues with boost spikeBut everyone's car behaves differentlyIn your sig it says you made 18psi, did it not taper off at all? If so to what psi?
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 19/03/14 07:10 AM Posted 19/03/14 07:10 AM Haha that's with the new turbo mateBut yes the old turbo went 18psi in the mid tapering off to 11 by redline
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/03/14 07:16 AM Posted 19/03/14 07:16 AM 18 tapering to 11?whoa nellie 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 19/03/14 07:19 AM Posted 19/03/14 07:19 AM Small turbo + stock housing + e85 = 357rwkw I wasn't complaining hahaMost embarrassing thing should be is that it still is a single pegger 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now