MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 14/12/13 01:35 AM Author Posted 14/12/13 01:35 AM first of all you need alot of panels to provide enough power for a town let alone a state and heat doesnt have alot to do with it, its light and while yes we have the space in the desert its getting the power from the solar farms inland. and the further electricity has to travel the more power is lost during transmission.. it is actually more efficient to put gas canisters on a truck and ship them around to individual homes who create their own power rather than using typical power plants anyway that's off topic. unless we can develop STP superconductors its not feasible. you also have the issue of night time power generation. obviously no light at night. the few ways you can get around this is energy storage via batteries which is VERY INNEFFIECENT (batteries are aweful for the environment or super capacitors but the technology isnt their for super capacitors yet. ive heard of molten solt type storage which I find very intresting and would like to see where that ends up but the moral of the story is you need to be able to provide 24/7 peak consistent power. same issues with wind and relability etc. I really think cold fusion is the future but we need something clean for the interim that can provide base load power.also dags...love the tumblr mate
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 14/12/13 01:59 AM Posted 14/12/13 01:59 AM One of the hottest countries on the planet with 90% desert and bugger all solar power....Or go the way of the poms with wind towers bloody everywhere.There are better solutions than Nuclear power.How much natural gas do we have and how cheaply do we export it?
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 14/12/13 02:34 AM Posted 14/12/13 02:34 AM and heat doesnt have alot to do with it,....and its one of the hottest because of all the shade we have.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 14/12/13 02:40 AM Author Posted 14/12/13 02:40 AM I dont know alot about natural gas to be honest ill do some research into it. but its still a very carbon intensive method of energy generationI was just pointing out that you can have solar panels in antartica. to say they work from heat would be a misdirection
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/12/13 02:42 AM Posted 14/12/13 02:42 AM I must admit the derailing topic in this thread is better than what I expected for a thread about Expensive Daewoo on a Ford forum board. 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 14/12/13 02:51 AM Author Posted 14/12/13 02:51 AM anyone who is reading this thread for the first time
beast2h Member 29 Member For: 19y 1m Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 14/12/13 12:59 PM Posted 14/12/13 12:59 PM Its a sad time for Australian car manufacturing. Ford, Holden, I assume Toyota and maybe Kenworth (I know it's not a car manufacturer) too.I do think that the world will end up having to turn to nuclear energy in the end, maybe we should be mastering it now.
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 24d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 14/12/13 10:39 PM Posted 14/12/13 10:39 PM Interested in your "Kenworth" comment. Whats the story?? I am from a trucking background, and am not up with things these days.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 21d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 15/12/13 12:43 PM Posted 15/12/13 12:43 PM http://www.news.com.au/national/the-2017-holden-commodore-will-be-made-in-china/story-fncynjr2-1226783057648GM can EAD too....
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 15/12/13 08:05 PM Posted 15/12/13 08:05 PM FWD = no good
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now