Qld Cruises And Events

mattson

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 23d

I know its been tried before but.....

I'll be doing another half day on the Mt Cotton skid pan soon. I'm keen for our Mods to make it a serious possibility.

I'ts the best fun......

What do you all reckon.....??

• Phantom lives
  • Member For: 19y 11m 8d
dont matter what it is im there!!!

jeff.

P.S. I cant wait to see what scotty does with this statement. :lol:

They call Jeff "moth," turn a light on & he appears quicker than Spiderman. Hope that was up to your expectations mate.

Scotty

well done its good

jeff

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 14d

I'll be doing another half day on the Mt Cotton skid pan soon. I'm keen for our Mods to make it a serious possibility.

I'ts the best fun......

Yeah, I'd be interested...Bout what part of the year? and whats the approx cost?

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 23d

I'ts the best fun......

Yeah, I'd be interested...Bout what part of the year? and whats the approx cost?

Brengun,

Its quite flexible just depending on demand.

They usually like to get 10-12 people. That equates to $90-$100 per session which will usually go for 4 hours.

The instructors are really good and have a lot of experiance in tarmac stuff. You can be guaranteed of coming away with a great deal more car controll than you started with no matter what you drive.

Its professional with no smart-arses tolerated (well....to an extent) and great fun as well.

Hope your appetite is whetted a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 25d

Guys,

I have 2 things coming up in October:

One will be the "Wynnum on Wheels" parade here on the Bayside. Part of the Wynnum Spring Fesival. We know the main organizer of the event and he's lovin the BA, thinking of getting a XR6T or XR8 himself so "WOHOO"!!!

It will be on Saturday 9th October. You will be alongside PT Cruisers, Trans Am's, Caddies, Old Fords and Holdens, basically a whole heap of really s**t hot cars and hot rods, crusin the streets in one hell of a parade.

If at all possible, I'd love the big boys to strutt their stuff with the modded T's if at all possible. :msm:

I'm looking for around 10 cars, maybe a couple of stocko's, Ian's famous "GOLDIE", bara's Blueprint N/A Ute, Mattson, your Blueprint beast? Xlr8ed, your Phantom lovely? Few modified T's would be sensational, mmm.

If you have XR8's and XR6 N/A's or GT/GT-P then :w00t2: HELL YEAH!!! Variety is good.

Would be good to say have 2 blueprints, Acid Rush, Citric Acid, Phantom, Vixen, Silhouette, Blood Orange, HgAg, Envy, Winter white, etc.....Also I don't mean to sound cruel as we do have a lot of blueprint members and I love the colour but I would really like a wide range of colours, not just one or two. Show off the many shades of the BA, mmmm.

This will be fantastic coverage for FordXR6Turbo.com so if your interested, please PM or better still, email me and I'll let you know more info when I get it.

The other October event.

The NSW boys are coming up to QLD around indy time and want to organize a joint cruise. "HELL YEAH" to that. :spoton:

A couple of the QLD members have shown interest and have posted in the NSW section already. I'm keen to get together and do something for sure. Ian will be in NZ at the time so he has passed the torch to me.

joint cruise would be on Saturday 23rd October. What would you QLD people like to do?

Cruise? BBQ? Drinkies?

<All of the above>?

Ideas people, let's get the ball rollin'.

So far Jeff <xr6ikness> says that Saleen, Trumpy, ms700, White Tee and XRSEX are coming along.

COOL.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 12d
joint cruise would be on Saturday 23rd October. What would you QLD people like to do?

Did I read this correct, are you going to bring the NSW guys up for Indy & then take them away for a cruise on Practice day?

Scotty