Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 25/11/13 04:21 AM Posted 25/11/13 04:21 AM Clutch is not fly by wire. Throttle is.
Karnyge New Member 10 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Posted 25/11/13 04:31 AM Posted 25/11/13 04:31 AM Wasn't sure mate only what they told me.
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/11/13 02:53 AM Author Posted 26/11/13 02:53 AM Karnyge, I can see how it would be so easy to spend a massive wad of cash trying to fix all the niggles with the driveline on these things. Definitely hadn't planned on doing any of this when I originally bought the car. Figured I'd just spend a few grand on some go-fast bits...nek minnit... Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Posted 26/11/13 05:34 AM Posted 26/11/13 05:34 AM It's manual get used to weird noises... My FG Mk 2 naked all sorts of gearbox noises. Just turn volume up on stereo it fixes everything 2 1
tobylee Member 120 Member For: 13y 1m 23d Posted 26/11/13 10:24 AM Posted 26/11/13 10:24 AM Use the rev drop, and not the clutch to pull it into neutral on the up shift. Then clutch it to go from neutral into gear. Done right, it gives you a very smooth change and a lot quicker also...
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/12/13 05:23 AM Author Posted 04/12/13 05:23 AM Development! So after pulling out the comfort series centre diff bush (which I now know to be older, softer style) I found out why my thud was back! Good news is that after my diff rebuild and now having put the solid centre bush back in my diff whine is gone! Success!However, I now know that my outrigger diff bushes are the older style comfort series bush, which are known to be problematic with manuals, and I'm pretty sure is the cause of the remaining noise I hear, sounds like the diff nosing up during gear changes...lame.
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 15/12/13 11:49 AM Posted 15/12/13 11:49 AM Well maybe we should organise to swap cars on the next cruise and see who's car has more cluncks.I have had the nolathane bushes put in, but I find changing gears can be worry some at times.Any plans on going on the next cruise in Perth?
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/12/13 12:11 PM Author Posted 15/12/13 12:11 PM (edited) I'd actually be pretty interested in doing that to compare.Since my last post I've been in contact with Scott from Fulcrum and was told that their bushes are designed to be used in a set (when I bought the bushes it was suggested I could run a solid centre and get away with comfort outriggers to minimise NVH), and that the comfort series bushes are really more for a Nanna car that's driven sedately, no offense to those of you running comforts and drive your car hard, just what I was told. He said in a car like mine (manual, plans for more power) I should be running the competition outrigger bushes as well as the competition centre. Just waiting for him to get back to me now to hopefully organise with WA Suspensions to get them changed out. Fingers crossed he comes through!I'd like to go on one of the future cruises if I'm in Perth when it's on. I read in the cruise thread you were thinking of doing one next weekend, which I'd be in Perth for but unfortunately already have a massively busy break planned with Christmas etc.All else fails mate feel free to flick me a PM and I'm sure we could organise a time to catch up and do the old switcheroo. Edited 15/12/13 12:11 PM by dowen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now