Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

The boost gauge is in! The installation was easy, the hardest part is feeding the hose down from where the gauge is housed. Just a tip for anyone fitting there's, don't use a screw driver to remove the old cover and traction control/fog light switch assembly, use a credit card or something similar this way you won't damage the dash.

I'm really happy with the finished product. I showed a mate who thought I was stupid for getting a boost gauge and he even admitted it looks really good, it looks like it was originally factory fitted.

It's interesting to see when the boost comes on and how it builds up with throttle application.

I give Gauge Works a big... :banghead:

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, NSW
Posted

alxr6t, so where are the :thumbsup: ???

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 23d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

:innocent: Its here :innocent::k24t:

Now it takes place on my computer monitor till next week when the beast comes back from the panel shop. :thumbsup: Ill have it for 3 days then off for 3 days while the auto is rebuilt.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
alxr6t, so where are the :thumbsup: ???

I figured there's already enough pics of the gauge floating around here. I'm sure mine looks the same as them.

  • Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, NSW
Posted
I figured there's already enough pics of the gauge floating around here. I'm sure mine looks the same as them.

Doesn't matter. Always good to see what everyone's looks like. :thumbsup:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Recieved mine yesterday,can't wait to get it in,

Looks like the colour match is perfect.

Thanks again to PhantomXr6 for organising :locked:

Rick

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Looks like the colour match is perfect.

The colour of mine isn't quite right. Very hard to notice though.

Guest dvinex
  • Guests
Posted

Still waiting for delivery of new XR6T 'envi' colour, but will be ordering boost gauge first up !

Great Site

:hrmm:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 19d
Posted

Has any1 fitted the gauge in a ute where there is no traction control switch to plug into? I haven't tried to fit mine yet just wondering if there is much of a difference.

Once again Thanks Phantom it arrived today looks great

Jimmy

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 2d
  • Location: Bulleen, Vic
Posted

I fitted my gauge over Easter, took less than an hour. The colour of the panel is not quite right and I am going to call Gauge Works to see if they can better match what I had. The colour code on the panel supplied does not match the original one (there's only about one shade in it so if nothing can be done I won't be too bothered).

Looks great at night with the blue lighting matching the blue used around the radio & heater controls.

It's interesting to see the gauge in action; there should be a stop so the needle doesn't go back past "10" inHg" (driving at any constant speed the needle just sits at about 7 o'clock where there's Gauge Works logo and no number). Except when it's in boost the next best it looks is with the engine switched off because at least then it sits on "0". Does everyone else's behave this way?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...