Amp And Sub Install...

g5jett

• Member For: 11y 9m 15d

Hi all,

I am interested in installing a sub and amp while retaining everything else stock (head unit, speakers)

what would be the simplest way to install these in the boot, I am usto slapping an after market head unit in

running the rca's down one side of the car and the power wire down the other hooking up the remote wire and basicaly done.. dose the STD head unit have the rca's output at the rear? if not how would I go about this?

Thanks for the advise in advance...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply Jacob,

Yea I have heard this from a few post's I have come across online,

I'm really after some more detail if possible, I'v never heard of a line converter not sure were to get one and then

whitch one to get and were it goes and how it works even lol..

So im assuming that I will still be running a power wire from battery (engine bay) to AMP, this line converter dose this replace the need for RCA'S? and what about the remote wire to switch the AMP on and off?

If you can shead any more light on this it would be much appreciated ..

Thanks again..

ok is that at all dodgy? or dangerouse? or will the sub be any

less affective using the line converter/running your rca's this way?

thanks again for all the help..

• Member For: 11y 1m 30d

I'm pretty sure that wont work because say if there's a break in the music and the rear speakers have no signal the amp will turn off and then click back on when it gets signal again.. That's if it even fires up with the voltage from speaker level..OP id be careful before using speakers as remote turn on unless someone has done it before and it works well seems unlikely though

And by the way you don't need a line out converter if you have speaker level inputs on your amp.. Check that before buying anything. This is fine for a simple install with the stock setup, I run all my gear (mb quarts reference series splits off 260wrms amp and 12"IDMAX off 600wrms) off the stock head unit with a line out converter and it sounds pretty damn good

Edited by Lennox