Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

looking forward to seeing how you go with this.. again plz take some progressive pics. Like SSBB said ppl will be all over this in time, inc. me one day haha.

Like you, one day I'll pick myself up an fg motor throw some springs in and your ready for a gtx :)

Are you fitting up the motor, etc yourself? Can't say I'm a fan of the search function on this forum but what power were you running before and who are you going to get to tune your car next?

Def. recommend CMS if your not already going there.

Good luck with it bud

Car was only running 330rwkws but standard bf mk1 bottom end (basically ba) so yeh didn't like it. Haven't pulled old motor down and prob wont to see y it went bang but will get pump etc checked incase she ran lean... Tuner is Clinton @ profile and will stick with him.

There are plenty of people doing fg bottom ends but not too many I see do complete fg longs, will be fitting in the coming weeks with a mate. Think I've got everything covered in way of fit up etc but u never know I guess.... Good to see some interest in this topic :)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Hedland
Posted

Have you decided wether your using the fg exhaust manifold? Interested to see how much dickin around is involved with the swap. I think I remember hearing that they flow better but sit turbo back slightly further which would mean your exhaust may need slight mods but more room for GTX intake.

Posted

Only 70,000km but previous owner had a generic tune in which was lean as.... So that wouldn't of helped, not going down inlet manifold or exhaust manifold as I ended up just getting a long motor. So when installed will look exactly as it is now.....

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Gambier, SA
Posted

Did you get a new long? What sort of price do they want these days? When I did mine, I put all new hoses, belts, radiator, rebuilt turbo, injectors cleaned etc. Hoses mainly because of the F6 engine oil cooler, and not that expensive anyway.

Ended up getting the trans rebuilt as well, as it started to slip. All good now.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra, Australia
Posted

I wouldn't mind some more info on getting my hands on a new engine from Ford.....especially price, and how long ago. Did you just go through spare parts at a dealer?

  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

that's a good price.. who did you go thru?

Posted

MODS CAN MERG TOPIC WITH SIMILAR IN GENERAL TECH but Be very aware when purchasing motors etc from the above company. My so called "12,000km fg xr6 turbo motor" ended up being a 2008 XLS UTE LPG MOTOR!!!! It had a turbo rocker cover on it but engine number revealed it to be an LPG motor........ Be very careful when buying 2nd hand. I was lucky and got money back before it went into my car, there is now a guy in Sydney who has discovered his Is an LPG motor as well from them but his is installed!!

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...