TomT Spooling Member Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: Blue Mountains, NSW Posted 24/08/13 12:05 AM Posted 24/08/13 12:05 AM Gonna have to change the bushes eventually anyway as the stock ones are poo. May as well eliminate the possibility
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 24/08/13 12:05 AM Posted 24/08/13 12:05 AM Yeah see the the thing is the faster I go the less I notice it because im not making enough power to load up the driveline once I click fourth gear. Cruising on 200kmh (on race track)car is perfect .
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 24/08/13 12:18 AM Posted 24/08/13 12:18 AM Gonna have to change the bushes eventually anyway as the stock ones are poo. May as well eliminate the possibilityYeah for sure it was on the to do list anyway . Because I know Chris has made shafts for two other cars that I know of with good results it makes sense to upgrade the standard bushes , because even though they are not split they are very sloppy.
RynoF6 Idiot Member Legacy Donating Member 446 Member For: 16y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook, NSW Posted 24/08/13 04:38 AM Posted 24/08/13 04:38 AM Sent pm LU82. Check your pinion yoke bolts. I was running cut down stock bolts that I cut mismatched. Had slight vibes. Now running allen key headed 12.9 grade bolts in proper length needed. No vibes
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 24/08/13 05:44 AM Posted 24/08/13 05:44 AM Thanks for the info I will call Chris next week and run it by him. Hopefully its just a process of elimination Chris has been great to deal with so I'm sure something will work out
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 06/09/13 10:28 AM Posted 06/09/13 10:28 AM Bit of an update. Picked my car up from Gibson driveshafts today, Chris had no luck sorting out the vibration so he went back to the standard CV joint and the vibration has gone away. Not really what I was hoping for but should be ok for my current power level. 1
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 11m 5d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/13 10:06 PM Posted 01/10/13 10:06 PM So does anyone no how many mm should the centre baring be spaced on a fg Ute ? . I'm over The vibration
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 02/10/13 08:40 AM Posted 02/10/13 08:40 AM (edited) Is the vibration while driving at a certain speed or only under acceleration?What was upgraded on your tailshaft?My vibration was only under acceleration and changing the height of the centre bearing did not fix the vibration . My car is a sedan not sure if there is much difference with a ute.My cv joints were changed to uni joints and the only way to eliminate the vibration was to go back to the standard cv joint where it bolts up to the diff.The only reason we can come up with as to why the gibson 1000hp tailshaft did not work in my car is something is slightly out of alignment in my driveline because the same tailshaft has been fitted to a number or cars with success with no vibration. Edited 02/10/13 08:43 AM by LU82
wilba Member 828 Member For: 17y 11m 5d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/13 07:03 PM Posted 04/10/13 07:03 PM My Ute vibrates at at 90kph and about 140kph and under acceleration. I have a cv at the diff and a uni joint just before the centre barring.
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 05/10/13 10:32 AM Posted 05/10/13 10:32 AM If its vibrating while cruising at speed it sounds like its a balance issue.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now