I Saw The Light & Bought A Ford

BenDoCo

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

OK folks, now don't get me wrong but I never thought that I would see myself owning a Ford in the near (& even the not-so-near) future as I have always owned things that came from Elizabeth in South Australia.

As of today - Sunday - I own a VE Calais. I did the enviomental thing as soon as I bought it a few years ago and chucked LPG on it and then dropped it to the ground a couple of inches to try and make the thing sit on the road. It is a sensible, cumfy car but over the last 12 months or so, a whole lot of little things have started to go wrong with it including the weakass plastic clips that hold the interior together breaking. Gggrrrrr

I used to keep an eye on a forum that covered the Late model camira and could not believe some of the crap that went on in there....no joke, I expected some of the members to flop 'em out and measure.. There was even one guy who answered another guys question by saying - "check Google mate, what do you think this is?"

About 8 or 9 months ago, my son told me that the parents of a mate bought a G6 and he said that it was soooooo nice to ride in so I decided to check a popular car sales website to see what was available and at the same time, I found this Forum and even though I wasn't a member, enjoyed how the members rushed to help a fellow Ford owner that needed advice.

Yesterday arvo I went for a drive down to Adelaide (as I live about 100 k's from the city) and saw an FG in one of the Ford dealerships so I stopped to check it out and after a long (long) test drive and a good chat with the sales guys, I shook hands and bought myself a 2010 G6E Turbo with 32k on the clock.

Oh golly golly gosh, for a straight 6, this thing has unbelieveable pick-up and I CAN'T WAIT until late Monday arvo when I can pick it up after they have tinted the windows and done a couple of other things for me.

The Ford knocked me to the floor with how confortable it was and how it sat on the road so beautifully (and that's without having to spend 2 & a half grand on the suspension like with the Calais). Amazing what good springs and a set of 18 x 8's will do and did I mention the pick-up?.

Honestly, not since my 400 hp HQ back in the early 80's have I been thrown back into the seat like this......WOW

So, in about 25 hours from now and in a 100% positive way, I will be very proud to say -----

Hi, my name is BenDoCo and I consider myself lucky to own and drive a G6E Turbo.

Can I just memtion the pick-up once more please.......WOW :O

• Like 2

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 29d

:Welcome2FordXR6t: Well its about time you saw the light...lol. I saw the light many years ago thanks to a sh1ty dealer that wouldnt let me take a SS ute for a test drive. Bad move I went staight to Ford and brought the all new BA XR8 ute when they first came out. I'll never go back now. I've had xr8's xr6 a GT cobra and now my G6E T

By the sounds of things you love your cars and once you get the Ford mod bug, you're gone. As Jeremy Clarkson says.......POWER and before you know it you've got 300+ at the wheels. Also you came to the right place good bunch of people.

Well cant wait to you pick it up and remember to post pics. Enjoy mate!!

FYI - from SA watch out for J@ :stirthepot:

Edited by ANGEL#3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 5d

Welcome mate..

I saw the light too being a Expensive Daewoo fan all my life and HATING fords lol... But this engine is amazing, that if more people had an open mind and if ford did some advertising, imo ford would sell a sh*t load more cars.

Get a tune and a few mods under it and it will seem like a new car all over again..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 12d

Good Job!!!!!! :)

Its like chalk and cheese comparing a FG with the VE. I have been a ford man all my life but have to admit to having a couple of LS1 commo's in between drinks. My mate has a twin turbo SS VE and has had many other LS turbo powerd Commos, after driving my G6ET he is looking for a FG turbo. LOL

Again, good job, you will love it

Kind regards Jon

• Member For: 11y 1m 7d

I'm also a newbie here and just picked up my new G6E Turbo on Good Friday. After being a Expensive Daewoo fan all my life, and as MiKa said, having an open mind and be willing to try it, I tell you what, it's sooooooooooooo addictive! Just the pull, the comfort, the drive, the experience, the everything. Probably the best investment I've made, well.. ever!

• Like 2

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

Hey thanks guys for the welcome.

Picked it up this arvo & drove it around Adelaide city for a while and then hit the Freeway to head home & the only reason I knew that I was driving a car and not sitting in my lounge chair was because my stupid right foot kept twitching.

I couldn't help but give it a kick every 20 k's or so along the way.

Pulled into a truck stop near Mt Barker for a smoke and as I was leaving, an SS pulled in and stopped just up from where I was so I thought I would left foot break and sit on about 1500 revs (you know, just to show this guy how quick it gets up) and after about 1 second, the revs dropped back to idle.......bugga......so I just floored it and I don't think I will do that again (until the next time) as the take off made me mess myself a bit...WOW.

Will practice take-offs after I read a few more posts about how to get all that power to the ground.

Below is the photo of it at the car yard as I was about to drive away with it.

Thanks again for such a warm welcome.

post-61399-0-01271100-1365416381_thumb.j

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 29d

NICE!!! Colour Ego suits the G6E well. Now you'll be filling it up once a week for the next few months. Trust me I'm still doing it..........lol

Enjoy the car bro and enjoy you stay.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y

:welcome2:

They certainly are the ultimate sleeper.

As mentioned previously if the average punter knew how brilliant the T6 is on the FG they'd all be over it like flies on hot sh*t. No idea what Ford's marketing strategy is but you'd think it's almost like they don't want to sell too many.

The amount of joy that's evident in your posts makes me remember my first time :blush:

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d

I have a BA xr6t and I testdrove a G6Et and I got out of it sweating and told the sales person that I need to leave as I will sign for this if I am here any longer.

I see myself in one just I'd have to put a LSD diff into it as they don't come with them and it's not an option I believe.

I got quoted 47K for a FG mk2 xr6t and 54K for a G6ET.

congrats mate! I know how lovely these are!

Edited by johnxr6t