Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

it seems that the united e85 in long turm use dose effect the id 2000's, even thought there compatable with ethonal, we've already changed a few & the failure is not from contamination as that's the first thing that's checked, also speaking to GAS motorsport & PAC racing who used to use these in there everday cutomer's cars have moved away from them...

at this stage the id 1000's havent been an issue but since we've moved to the black ops so far all have been ok.

joe

  • Like 1
  • miso xr6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 28d
Posted

What makes you think they are sticking or holding shut?Have you had them tested on a bench to confirm this is actually happening?Jet those injectors you recommended are low-z.....no good!!!

hi mate, no I didn't have them tested on a bench, but I did have them tested on a dyno, with pulse graphs testing the injector an other diognostic instruments, we would find out which one is the problem, then we would change it with brand new ones, everything would be all good until few days later another one would fail.
  • miso xr6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 28d
Posted

I use 80lb dekkas which will not flow enough for Miso's needs but have not had any issues with them, Could it be the type of e85 used? Miso are you using United or e-flex?

hi George,I'm using the united e85 from Minto. The Siemens dekas were great on e85 when I had them on, had no problems, from what I know u could throw any fuel fuel at them with no drama, but they were to small an I had to upgrade.
  • Like 1
  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

it seems that the united e85 in long turm use dose effect the id 2000's, even thought there compatable with ethonal, we've already changed a few & the failure is not from contamination as that's the first thing that's checked, also speaking to GAS motorsport & PAC racing who used to use these in there everday cutomer's cars have moved away from them...

at this stage the id 1000's havent been an issue but since we've moved to the black ops so far all have been ok.

joe

Any concerns with the dekkas Joe?

  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

hi George,I'm using the united e85 from Minto. The Siemens dekas were great on e85 when I had them on, had no problems, from what I know u could throw any fuel fuel at them with no drama, but they were to small an I had to upgrade.

Good to hear, when the time comes I will probably go the ID's or Black Ops

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

what are the chances of contamination being the problem with the failed injectors, Bosch have their EV14's listed as ethanol compatible

  • Like 1
  • miso xr6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 28d
Posted

Interesting that you've had problems with this injector, I have been using the 2000cc for over a year.What are the symptoms to look out for when this happens?

Well this is what happened with me with these injectors, car would run awesome first few days on united e85, beautiful idle great response an perfect at full wot, then after a few days car would still be running perfect at full wot, but coming out of full wot an starting to coast car will drop a cylinder an run on five pots, for a about 5 seconds ,that cylinder would then recover an all would be good again, this would then keep happening an getting much worser to a point were a injector would completely fail, I would then change that injector to a brand new one, which would then make the car run back to perfect until the next injector decides to fail in which I would go through the same process all over again.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

Well using ethanol with an injector intended for natural gas maybe the problem.....

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Might sound like a stupid Question... But which are the Black Ops?

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Yes your stupid

No question

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...