OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m Location: Sydney Australia Posted 13/01/04 07:12 AM Posted 13/01/04 07:12 AM will the phase 4 be as reliable as the phase 2? with the phase 4 kit will the car be ok to be used as a daily driver clocking up about 40000km a year. im really keen to get much more power but I need it to be reliable?
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 13/01/04 01:46 PM Posted 13/01/04 01:46 PM The Phase IV kit definitely sounds like the goods, and I suspect it will be enough to push into the 10's with the appropriate driveline enhancements with the ute.
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 13/01/04 02:54 PM Posted 13/01/04 02:54 PM Ownaxr6t The phase four will be an awesome street car, though the drivetrain wil need significant upgrading to cope with the huge torque generated by this system. We have been testing clutch and pressure plates and six speed transmissions now for over 20,000 kay's and I am confident this is the ultimate manual trans and the only cost effective way to proceed as of now. I know that many will say that this option is very expensive, the reality is transmitting over 850 Nm of torque without hurting the trans is a tall order at any cost. The auto upgrade to cope with the 850Nm of torque will also be in the price range of the six speed manual upgrade, though when you consider the outright performance of the phase four xr6t only a 300K plus super car would get any where close in outright accelaration,I think this makes the phase four equipped xr6t a real value for money supercar.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 14/01/04 01:52 PM Posted 14/01/04 01:52 PM PS.. speaking of driveline enhancements I managed to break the leaf springs away from the axle in the rear of my car. Has anyone ever seen this happen before?
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m Location: Sydney Australia Posted 14/01/04 08:15 PM Posted 14/01/04 08:15 PM I would love a phase III but I just ellected to have a good behavior bond for a year. so im driving like grandma. probably a good thing, imagine what phase will be available around december.
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/04 09:02 AM Posted 15/01/04 09:02 AM CnCI think the early Ts had a spring/axle problem...... but that was when Henry Ford was still in charge and the wheels still had wooden spokes!
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 16/01/04 05:50 AM Posted 16/01/04 05:50 AM Mine was a March 03 build, delivered in April, so it doesnt quite go back that far
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Posted 18/01/04 02:56 AM Posted 18/01/04 02:56 AM PS.. speaking of driveline enhancements I managed to break the leaf springs away from the axle in the rear of my car. Has anyone ever seen this happen before?CNC Well done its amazing what one can achieve if you try hard enough, if you have time could you post a picture I am interested to see where the part failed.PETER APS
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Location: Canberra Posted 21/01/04 04:26 AM Posted 21/01/04 04:26 AM Unfortunately I do not have a picture, I had the problem fixed yesterday by Ford under warranty. I have been told if it occurs again it will not be covered under warranty as they think the extra torque is the root of the problem.I must say that I didnt really do too much out of the ordinary, other than a few burnouts and full power launches here and there, but I would have thought it could handle that ?
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 21/01/04 09:38 AM Posted 21/01/04 09:38 AM Unfortunately I do not have a picture, I had the problem fixed yesterday by Ford under warranty. I have been told if it occurs again it will not be covered under warranty as they think the extra torque is the root of the problem.I must say that I didnt really do too much out of the ordinary, other than a few burnouts and full power launches here and there, but I would have thought it could handle that ? Well that's cr#p let me tell you. Unless they can prove that it was this that caused the fault then it is still covered. You know what the lawyers say " it doesn't matter what I know, it only matters what I can prove"So :banghead: to Ford's warranty dodgers!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now