Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I am wanting to know where to purchase a strengthened Tail shaft from and what sort of coin I would be looking at ?

I know that it is considered common to break the tail shaft once cars are getting into the 10's quarter times , I was considering changing mine before it breaks ? or should I just let it break then replace ?

Cheers,

Matt

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Hey mate Sydney drive lines built my tailshaft for my ute I have a c4 so I went a mark willams billet yoke I think the uni is a 1350 series 2 piece chrome moly tubing shaft and another 1350 uni at the diff end. From memory it cost me $1400

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Let it break and then replace it...along with your fuel tank and anything else in the mangled bit of metals spinning fury!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

exactly, letting it break may end up costing you 4 or 5 times what it would cost to replace it now

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mornington
Posted

Yep just ask me its all kinds of ducked up lucky I'm a welder coz big bucks to fix even I did half the work and it cost me 4g ....... My advice put a fark off big strenghtened one in now ,don't be tight ass bitch

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CQ
Posted

hardy spicer and gj drive lines have built a few for boys on here with good reviews...

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mornington
Posted

,^^^^agree gj did a great job with mine

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 13d
Posted

Isn't there also a difference between a built one and strengthened one? If not searching for huge power it can work out cheaper to have your tailshaft taken out and strengthened as opposed to a building a new one from scratch yea?

Anyone had any experience using a strengthened one and a built one? Worth the extra $$ to go new?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mornington
Posted

Strengthend one is just thicker tube and same cv etc a built one is upgraded everything . I think

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Werribee,Melbourne, Australia
Posted

looking at this as its got me a bit worried about my BA Shaft...

where im melb can I get one built and what will it cost for a BA with a T56.. and what way should I go 1 part or 2 parts....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...