The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 8m 2d Posted 08/02/13 11:49 PM Posted 08/02/13 11:49 PM Hi Guys,I am fitting a 6 speed to my series 1 BA XR6T and I am having a problem removing the old Slip yoke from the tail shaft.It wont budge. Can anyone help out with some information?Thanks.Greg
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/02/13 12:16 AM Posted 09/02/13 12:16 AM Yeh mate your gunna have a great old time If I were u buzz it down to your local mech and get him to press the uni out and new one in But in saying that I think ull find the t56 shaft is different length to the t5z shaft
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 8m 2d Posted 09/02/13 02:53 AM Author Posted 09/02/13 02:53 AM Thanks,What a barsted. I managed to get the slip yoke off. The bushhad rusted onto the tail shaft. The bush stayed on the shaft. I had to put acut in the bush to get it off the tail shaft. Little bit of pitting on the shaftfrom the rust. I think I will get it looked at before refitting. I purchased a TR6060kit from Mal Woods for a BA. It should all line up.I will get a new uni fitted while its out as you have Suggested.
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 8m 2d Posted 14/02/13 07:15 AM Author Posted 14/02/13 07:15 AM Almost done.I have had lots of support from Paul at Mal Woods. Anyone looking at doing this conversion should give them a call. Customer support is excelent.I should have the car finished on the weekend, Just need to make up some spacers for the centre bush mount on the tail sharft.Next will be the chase for around 320RWKW.Anyone know someone looking for a good T5Z Gearbox?Thanks.Greg
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 14/02/13 10:22 AM Posted 14/02/13 10:22 AM Second B series with tr6060 I know. Represent
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Posted 14/02/13 12:45 PM Posted 14/02/13 12:45 PM 3rd
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 8m 2d Posted 16/02/13 01:42 AM Author Posted 16/02/13 01:42 AM Back on the road. It drives fantastic. So smooth. Gear ratios seem to be good in all gears. 6th want get used much, 110kph at 1500rpm.The only thing I am not happy with is the twin plate clutch rattling at idle. (Purchased from ebay not Mal Woods) The clutch is light and very smooth so maybe I will just have to put up with it and get one from Mal next time.T5Z with cross member and New Concentric Slave Cylinder, 5 speed gear knob for sale. Also have old clutch and fly wheel.Greg
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 17d Posted 16/02/13 02:09 AM Posted 16/02/13 02:09 AM (edited) Now you need some diff gears 3.9s 4.11s ftw Edited 16/02/13 02:10 AM by spinr33
OED666 Member 129 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, Qld Posted 16/02/13 04:51 AM Posted 16/02/13 04:51 AM Seems very strange that you are doing 1500rpm at 100km/h. Does your car have 3.46's now?
Cameron02 Member 164 Member For: 13y 9m 24d Posted 16/02/13 05:09 AM Posted 16/02/13 05:09 AM Series 1 BA (man) has 3.46 standard.Hey Greg, I also have a series 1 and am about to do the conversion. I was hoping to do the swap over a weekend. Sounds like that might be wishfull thinking on my part.I will also be looking similar power to you (around 300rwkw) can I ask the clutch you got. What make is the clutch you got, im not keen on a rattle at idle.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now