Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 31/01/13 12:35 AM Posted 31/01/13 12:35 AM So I was under the car this morning trying to figure out this knock that I'm getting over sharp bumps (having already changed a heap of things) and I was checking out my diff bush and thought it looked like it was in quite a bit.I thought I have seen pictures of the superpro bushes actually poking out of the cradle not in, either way I thought it should at least be flush.Either way is this right and if so are there any problems that can occur from it? Need to know asap cause I'm going back to canberra in 2 weeks and the guys that changed the bush are here at home so if it needs to be fixed It has to be done by them
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 31/01/13 12:38 AM Posted 31/01/13 12:38 AM Did you do the side bushes at the same time? Check the fitment of the side bushes too, if they are installed too far forward it will pull the centre one forward and destroy it...
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 31/01/13 03:32 AM Author Posted 31/01/13 03:32 AM Yea side ones were done at the same time! I didn't pay attention to them, might have to jack it back up and have a look again.Sooo I gather my centre one is too far forward. It also looks like the bush is starting to tear. It's only about 4,000kms old if that
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 31/01/13 03:49 AM Posted 31/01/13 03:49 AM Yeah, I'd say that the sides may be too far forward mate 1
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/13 03:52 AM Posted 31/01/13 03:52 AM (edited) Jack up the car and get someone to stall it up lightly while its in the air, if its damaged there will be a lot of movement and most probably the cause your knock.It was for me, will be replacing all bushes in the next couple of weeks. Edited 31/01/13 03:53 AM by rednose
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 01/02/13 04:19 AM Author Posted 01/02/13 04:19 AM ^^ I wish I read this before I jacked the car up 15 ago lol. Here's a pic of the side bushes, they seem further in than the rear, maybe 5mm or more from being flush. If you can confirm that this is wrong pat I'll take the car in, just don't want to go telling them they've done it wrong if they haven't.Ps sorry for the sh*t pic, its hard to tell with all the grease and crap around it
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 01/02/13 05:19 AM Posted 01/02/13 05:19 AM Hard to tell from that pic, if you can look from the front the bushes should be recessed into the cradle by around 10mmAs a side note, Super Pro is now providing lifetime warranty on their parts. Plus the comfort design has been revised again. If there are any issues let me know
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 02/02/13 12:59 AM Author Posted 02/02/13 12:59 AM Yea its hard to look from the front as I don't have a hoist, I might get the forklift under it if I can and seeI can't imagine them providing warranty on bushes if they've been put in wrong though?Thanks mate!
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 03/02/13 12:39 AM Author Posted 03/02/13 12:39 AM Here's my side one. if you compare the bush to the actual cradle its flush, but because theres that sleeve kind of thing betwen the bush and the cradle I'd say the bush is about 5mm or so in from the front of the car, so what do you reckon Pat?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/02/13 01:13 AM Posted 04/02/13 01:13 AM If that photo is taken from the front of the car looking back, they haven't been pushed in far enough. They need to be pushed in anywhere from 5-10mm from where they are now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now