My Andra Battle.

Vevapower

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

For what it's worth Veva check out willowbank and Perth motorplex (or whatever it's called).. They run different rules at their test and tunes.. I see no reason similar rules to that can't make their way into the ANDRA book.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 29d

Were on the same mission here in sa with RENO and andra aswell in regards to 4point harness and tailshaft loop

Afaik its any faster than 11.99 and u need both

We ( collective group ) think this is a touch to far for a mear old ss commo running some high 11's concidering alot of new cars have 4/6 airbags and are not initially desinged to work with 4point harnesses

But a bench seat kingswood busting 11's with lap sash is definately in need of something more

Reno is going to war for us on this regard at next meeting also

Reno has a decent foot in the drag racing door but still thinks andra are very reluctant to change anything unless it off there own back !!

As bad as the current government imho

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

Haha yeah..

But QLD bases it one airbags and four wheel disc brakes in modern cars.. I think you can run 10.0 and up before you need to look at anything else..

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 18d

Started a Facebook page called Sydney Dragway NO CAGE FOR 10's.

2 hours later and 170 friends seems there's a lot of guys and gals but there that share the same frustration.

"."

• Like 1

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 18d

ok ill post but this is not the correct way to do it but its worked for me

x-cal 3 and 60lb dekas 2nd hand $550 ( yes for both )

12psi actuator $ 250 installed

3.5 full xforce mild steel $900 ( I installed it )

nizpro cooler kit $ 1600 installed

"stainless" 4inch intake kit $650 rrp ( I installed )

crow valve springs and retainers $900 supply and fit

zf cooler kit $315 ( I installed )

walbro intank $ 270 installed

" jd customs" undercar surge tank and check valve with bosch 044 $750 ( I installed )

and tuning $ 400 .......... for first tune and 150 ish for retune ( once ) so $550

TOTAL $6735

I actually paid a touch less than that total as I got a few deals that I dont want to post up but at time of purchasing it was all correct prices ( within 3 years )

to make it a better package I need a flap and port job ( std at the moment ) $250

havent included consumables like trans service and coil packs and plugs

this package has taken me to 10.97 @ 132 mph 400+ rwkw...............all tuning and prices are from bruce heinrich performance S.A ( correct prices at time of purchasing/ as old as 3 years )

id like to think I have ONE of the best bang for buck times for a fg

Jet that's perfect exactly what sort of info I'm after.

"."

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

In saying 20k builds they are proper racing builds and innovating like a 9 inch still using abs tone wheels speedo c4 these guys plan to be out there alot more then the guy who gets 30l of e85 winds the boost up for 1 run get a 10 and then put there street tune in and claim they have a car that runs 10s on the street sorry for the off topic post

Theres no wind up the boost when I race on the track, I use the same tune street or strip, plus daily driven 120%.

It would be good to goto the track without a cage as our cars have a great safety rating, abs, airbags etc.

Its the old classics with sh*t brakes, and a poor safety rating that should have a cage.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 12d

Shouldn't matter what tune you use for the track or street, some guys don't have e85 readily available to use daily, the point we are trying to make is that it is very easy for a modern day falcon to run a 10 when the correct mods are done.

What makes it even more impressive is it is achievable with bolt on mods on unopened engines.

ANDRA need to realise that a budget of $10,000 or less in some cases can get you a 10 sec pass, meaning technically you can no longer race without a cage.

• Like 1