ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 25/01/13 11:47 AM Posted 25/01/13 11:47 AM when we order the columns from ford, they need to know the vin to match the correct column as there are different ones for the same model car
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 11d Gender: Male Posted 25/01/13 11:49 AM Posted 25/01/13 11:49 AM Yep, either u have the wrong column, something isnt plugged in, batterys flat or a fuse is blown, in that order...
jim985 Member 76 Member For: 17y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley, NSW Posted 25/01/13 12:51 PM Author Posted 25/01/13 12:51 PM I will pull the column back out and carefully check the wires that came with it. I guess I could splice in the original wires, except for the ones connected to the ignition.I will charge the battery and check the fuses also. Hope this works.Thanks for all the help guys.
jim985 Member 76 Member For: 17y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley, NSW Posted 01/02/13 02:05 AM Author Posted 01/02/13 02:05 AM Turned out that a fuse was blown.All good now. Thanks for all the help guys.
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 28d Gender: Male Posted 05/02/13 03:35 AM Posted 05/02/13 03:35 AM What fuse
alizasoain8 New Member 3 Member For: 13y 5m 7d Posted 24/05/13 09:33 AM Posted 24/05/13 09:33 AM G,day all.I am new to all this so please excuse my noobness.Stupid question, but why doesn,t anyone just put their ignition switch back together instead of buying a whole new/secondhand column.My BA11 switch failed - started by intermitant no start and wipers and a/c not working.Then the ass fell out of the ignition switch. I just put switch back together and redid the factory 4 crimps around the end of the plastic bit where the wires connect.Put some epoxy over it for good measure though.
Qvas New Member 2 Member For: 8y 10m 6d Posted 02/12/17 11:20 AM Posted 02/12/17 11:20 AM (edited) Hi everyone, So Ive done as much reading as possible on this problem however Im stuck. My key would not spring back into the acc position after starting and I had to manualy do it myself. I decided to attempt to fix it myself however after removing the ignition switch and the key barrel, the part that sits behind it or mates with the barrel is stuck in a postion where it will not rotate and so I cannot align my key barrel during re assemble. Can anyone tell me how to remove this or fix this? Ps reference link for the picture. Edited 02/12/17 11:22 AM by Qvas Added info
Johns do nothing New Member 2 Member For: 8y 10m 1d Posted 07/12/17 09:33 AM Posted 07/12/17 09:33 AM U can u buy a kit now u no longer have to remove the column Bloke in Dandenong auto elec advises on his add will come out to u 360 I think takes an hour he pulls the barrel out anhas a special tool and replaces it somehow much cheaper than full Colombo fit
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,121 Member For: 18y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/12/17 09:44 AM Posted 07/12/17 09:44 AM if he comes to you, it doesn't sound like a kit... anyway... did you use this service? or just talking about it? and
Qvas New Member 2 Member For: 8y 10m 6d Posted 07/12/17 11:21 AM Posted 07/12/17 11:21 AM So initially I thought it was my key barrel however learned that it was my ignition switch like most peoples but by the time I figured it out I had already removed my key barrel causing a saftey mechanisim within the column to engage and therefor you cannot reinstall the key barrel without resetting it. Lock smith came out today and drilled a hole underneath it to reset it. All fixed now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now