Jump to content

Will Centre Muffler Removal Help Performance (With Existing Mods Befor


Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Near nizpro
Posted

Hi everyone I have almost got all the parts I need before I hand it over for install and tune

I was just reading ( the ge6 that could thread) he was mentioning that a free-er flowing exhaust will need valve springs later,,,,,, im doing the basic mods to my FG xr6-t Pwr stepped cooler, hi-flow cat, injectors, K&n filter, will removing the centre muffler/ rear muffler assist with ease or power etc or have any benifit with my mods plus tune....?

So in short

Fg xr6-t

Pwr stepped cooler

K&N filter

HI-flow cat

Injectors

Tune

Will removal of Cente/ rear muffler benifit my car before a full system is put on (later on with more supporting mods), not so much as a power gain but a benifit??

thanks :)

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

From what I have read on here - you may not like the sound after awhile as well especially on long trips - it's a personal taste thing. I've not done it myself - like the quietness in the cabin and my stock exhaust sounds okay to me when the rear windows are down a bit :nod:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

A friend has his rear muffler taken out on a sedan and sounds very tuff.. Sounds better than the middle muffler. Has a high flow cat and when he boots it sounds good.

Edited by Pazzo XR6T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randwick, sydney
Posted

if your doing it for sound yeah why not do it...if you solely want to spent 100 bucks for a performance aspect I'd put you coin towards another tank of petrol instead haha

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Near nizpro
Posted

it was more so after reading about theese cars breathing I thought it might decrease some restriction in the exhaust system,,,, but I guess not im not really fussed about the sound of it I like the stock exhaust note under boost sounds pretty aggressive

  • Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Atherton, FNQ
Posted

Was told by my tuner that removing centre muffler is only for sound, no extra power

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Will be getting my centre muffler put back in next week hopefully. Sound horrendous.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

The mufflers on the FG turbos are a straight through design so there is very little restriction.

Benny.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...