suniboy21 New Member 14 Member For: 16y 2m 17d Posted 08/12/12 10:04 PM Posted 08/12/12 10:04 PM Since my car spends most of its life in manual mode, I find my self sometimes not noticing its still in 2nd gear once I come to a stop.So last night I loaded it up in 2nd to about 2.5 -3.0 rpm and launched it, with a bit of wheel spin it hooked up and just pulled strong all the way.Obviously its not good for the box.Any one else ever tried this?FG XR6T ute standard except for exhaust and pod(still under warranty)
tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 9m 25d Gender: Male Posted 08/12/12 10:20 PM Posted 08/12/12 10:20 PM Nothing is wrong with your auto. Mine always done it when driving manual mode.I wouldn't recommend taking off in 2nd either, it will generate too much heat and youl hurt the auto eventually
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 08/12/12 10:50 PM Posted 08/12/12 10:50 PM mine loves it, but only about 2k launches. No wheelspin, bit slow off the line but great in an 80 zone.
TRA1NR Pitlane Member Legacy Donating Member 2,886 Member For: 19y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Pakenham, Victoria Posted 09/12/12 01:47 AM Posted 09/12/12 01:47 AM I was wondering if lauches in 2nd would be any good at the strip? Considering first is so short, and you would have a chance of building boost of the line and getting some traction in 2nd? 1
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 09/12/12 01:56 AM Posted 09/12/12 01:56 AM tried it, lost about 0.22 on the 60ft and about 0.3 over the 1/4. Not drag tyres and not stalling very high though
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 09/12/12 02:21 AM Posted 09/12/12 02:21 AM the box can be tuned to take off in 1st without having to manually select 1st
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/12/12 02:34 AM Posted 09/12/12 02:34 AM Yeh mine auto selects 1st but when already in manual mode in say 5th and u slow down to a stop and dont touch the shifter it will only go as low as 2nd then u have to bump it to first As op I then sometimes just hit the gas already in 2nd bur havent ever stalled it up for a good old launch
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 09/12/12 02:42 AM Posted 09/12/12 02:42 AM that's normal for the auto in manual mode
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 09/12/12 02:19 PM Posted 09/12/12 02:19 PM I find easy take offs in 2nd are good for driving miss Daisy around as it's a smoother feeling.
suniboy21 New Member 14 Member For: 16y 2m 17d Posted 09/12/12 07:53 PM Author Posted 09/12/12 07:53 PM I was wondering if lauches in 2nd would be any good at the strip? Considering first is so short, and you would have a chance of building boost of the line and getting some traction in 2nd?I also had tried taking off in second at the drags last year, only because I forgot to click it back to 1st after a 4thgear tire warm up Lost about 0.3 off my PB of 12.74 Standard FG ute
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now