Recommended Tuner / Workshop Queensland

96ET

• Member For: 12y 7m 10d

Hi Folks,

I wasn't exactly sure where might be the place on this forum to ask.

As the title asks does anyone up in Brisbane have and good/bad/indifferent experiences with Ford service centres and warranty claims on modified cars? This will be my first time going to what is likely to be a warranty issue as the engine has an oil leak from somewhere down low on the motor. I've just recently had the car lightly modified and it was noted before any work was done that a small amount of oil was coming of the bottom of the motor and around the oil filter area. The mechanic has said its likely to be a front engine seal that has a very tiny leak somewhere.

Any advice on how to approach the issue with a service centre and is full disclosure a good idea from the start on my part? I've heard and read mixed reviews about dealerships in general shirking their warranty claims so any advise from that have had experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Divinicus

Airfilter and battery relocation, FMIC and piping, ECU tune, dumpipe and cat, injectors.

Not looking for special treatment from the dealership or to sneak something through just wanting to know if anyone has had any dealings with a dealership and warranty on a lightly modified car, looking for a fair assessment of the leak and if it can be covered under warranty or not.

Thanks bionicxr6t05 for the feed back. Can you recommend a service centre in Brisbane? I've always gone to Metro Ford at Newstead for servicing stuff so far, they seem pretty reasonable but this will be the first time the cars been modified in there.