Recommended Tuner / Workshop Queensland

96ET

• Member For: 11y 3m 12d

Well, Hi Torque performance on the goldcoast, want 1350 to tune my n/a.. that includes a flash tuner. (700 without flashtuner)

Jamie wants 900 cash with no flash tuner.

Paramount Performance wants 1200 no flash tuner, and ive read heaps of people getting tunes for only 500-700 bucks.

It just seems like im getting ripped off in toowoomba?

And now im considering to go to high torque to get a flash tuner. $900 for no flash tuner or just pay an extra 450?, and I mean.. this is kinda stupid, but I had a thing about it.. what if say my ecu resets or something and I loose my tune?

Just feels more safe having a flash tuner, so I always have my tune there incase anything happens.

And lol, I dont even know if the tune gets rid of the ecu resets by the way, just seems like flash tuner would be safer.

Edited by Bazza96

• Member For: 17y 11m 1d

you need to know what sort of time they are going to spend tuning your car, if they are charging you $500 and spending an hour a half compared to somebody else spending 6 hours and charging you $800, which is better value, which do you think will be a better tune?

• Like 1

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 27d

Yeah I know both FPT and Paramount will let you keep coming back until you are 100% happy with how the car drives (more so than the power it makes).. So they do spend a fair bit of time on it..

Think if mechanics charges 90-120 per hour it's gonna get gobbled up pretty quick in those prices..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 24d

Valve springs and injectors. And they're installing my turbosmart actuator.

Was thinking about a 4" dump but well see how it's running.

Steve said it should be up round 320 rwkw but I guess I'll find out next week.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 24d

Hi guys. Dropped my ba xr6t ute off at elite this morning for a tune. Mad keen to see what results she pulls. Getting valve springs an injectors an possibly new pump. Was told this time it'll probably be under the 300 rwkw.