Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 3d Posted 21/11/12 05:29 PM Posted 21/11/12 05:29 PM Hi Guys,I coudln't find any section for XR8 fair enough being a Turbo forum so I decided to post here.I currently drive a FG XR6 Turbo, goes well but I've always wondered the XR8 might be what I'd like more, perhaps as a second carso I can have 2 FG's.I have not test drove one but I'm wondering for any people who have, how do they stack up against the turbo? Do they pull harder on kickdownand get off the line quicker?I was always under thought that once you begin modding the turbo has it, but on KPM's website I see their Exhaust+Tune pack makes 270rwkwhas anybody who has driven both can give me some insight or a general run down?Cheers.
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 21/11/12 07:10 PM Posted 21/11/12 07:10 PM turbo stock will get the V8 off the line and pulls harder. The v8 will do better up higher on the speed limits so once you hit like 140kph
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 21/11/12 09:46 PM Posted 21/11/12 09:46 PM The turbo will quicker than the V8 in most cases. You'd really only buy the V8 for the noise.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/11/12 10:10 PM Posted 21/11/12 10:10 PM or for boosting
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Posted 21/11/12 10:15 PM Posted 21/11/12 10:15 PM The 5.4 is a slug of an engine in standard form, buy a gs 5.0 and youl be happy 4
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/11/12 12:54 AM Posted 22/11/12 12:54 AM has anyone tt'd a 5.4 yet?
Ace blind leading the blind Member 3,657 Member For: 18y 19d Gender: Male Location: Mt Alford, Queensland Posted 22/11/12 01:07 AM Posted 22/11/12 01:07 AM Mickus you supply the money and ill have a crack at Tt a 5.4 - didn't Dan from wa twin turbo. One in an fg
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 22/11/12 01:07 AM Posted 22/11/12 01:07 AM Yep
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/11/12 01:13 AM Posted 22/11/12 01:13 AM My BA Pursuit ran 11.7 with no internal mods, so yes the Boss 5.4 can be made to go quick, but will cost more than getting the same power from the turbo 6 or S/C 5.0
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 17d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 22/11/12 01:55 AM Posted 22/11/12 01:55 AM (edited) had a new black fg xr8 for a work car .. manual...(owned two turbos)really nice to drive... love the sound... great car for looking good sounding nice and instant grunt...the start isn't really very impressive from standard .. the little turbo on an fg gives more grunt on take off than after 3 seconds in an 8but if u wanna go fast buy anorher turbo! Edited 22/11/12 01:57 AM by Princess Fluffy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now