Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 7m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Hi guys I'm getting a new clutch in the next few weeks and was wondering what else but mal wood ppl use. I'm not Gona put a 1700$ clutch in my baby if these 5 speeds are weak. I have a ba Xr6t with 114000knob clock, bigger intercooler, typhoon air box with k&N filters, capa flash tune, 4" dump pipe in to 3" than splits at the back. I'm looking at doing injectors and new tune once I have a new clutch. I'm going to replace the 5 speed once it goes pop lol. I have looked at the xtreme ceramic. I don't know much about clutches so any help will be great. Thanks.

Edited by BOOSTING BA
  • The Toxic Rocket
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 5m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Malwood option 3+. I believe it fits in the t-5 as well as the t-56. If I were you I'd set your mod money aside, buy the t-56 and go from there.

Mal also does t-56 boxes for around $4k ish, then $1800 for clutch. gets expensive but is the better way to go

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

The opt 3 will not fit the 5 speed as the bellhousing is too small

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Ratter is correct. However I'm certain Mal and ace created a opt 3 rated clutch that fits the t5z box aswel. Don't think it's on par with the 3+ but its a perfect option incase the box poo's itself or you are looking to put in a t56 in the future

Honestly the ace clutches are great. Anyone her changing from stock to a ace clutch would highly! Recommend them and anyone changing from a extreme clutch to a ace clutch would recommend it even more so.

5$ if you contact extreme and ask them the power holding capabilities of that clutch you will be disappointed to say the least. I also bet I won't come with a alloy csc.. So by the time you purchase that too ( see we're I'm getting at haha)

Edited by MX Dave
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Opt 3+ will fit with a thicker spacer plate between the engine and gearbox mal sells the required plate

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I sold my t5 before it went pop which paid for half of my t56 and opt3 clutch

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast, Qld
Posted

We can now offer an Option 3 and Option 3 Plus to suit the 5 speed. It uses a lower offset flywheel, and thicker sandwich plate. It uses the same clutch and pressure plate as an ordinary Option 3 and Option 3 Plus..

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...