4" Under A Sedan

3sc0rt

• Member For: 11y 6m 6d

Its getting put on today, I've recorded a few videos of before and will be doing after videos too. Idle, driving at idle, take off windows down, take off windows up & then someone outside the car filming me take off (ended up sliding through first and second.. oops) and finally going past in 3rd gear at about 6000rpm. I'll post them once I get the after videos done :)

Well.... picked up the car this afternoon, big difference in sound, way tougher and an awesome note. Performance is very very noticeable. Seemed to spool quicker and once it spooled it opened up and went nuts. Little did I realise that it was over boosting from my normal 12psi to 20 psi or more seeing my gauge maxes at 20. I videoed it and on replay I noticed it going way over what it should have..

what made me check the replay was as I was giving it some in 3rd gear it felt like I was loosing boost and then sounded like the turbo bearings were fu%$ed. Anyone got an idea on what's happened? Have I done real damage here?

Airstrike - I picked up my car from the exhaust shop, he said the exhaust needs to settle in so get it a little hot so everything sets etc, and that's just what I did. I didn't full throttle it and I'm fully aware about the tune after exhaust installation. Its my fault I wasn't checking the boost gauge but I was a bit excited about the new exhaust I had just got and got caught up in the sound/performance. I'm getting I checked out tomorrow and I'll let you know how I go.

Mr 4.0L - its felt from the engine/turbo. I can feel it when it goes into boost. Plus my gauge spikes to 20 psi if it goes into boost. Under boost it drives fine and sounds normal its only when it spools.

Rhys.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 29d

Hahahaha love posts like this

Got exhaust, thrashed it and something doesnt sound right hahaha gold

Edited by J@SNOT
  • Like 6

Something wasn't right, I must have missed it last night because it was dark but I went over the engine bay again this morning and moved my boost controller out the way to see something and seen a hose had come off the actuator. I thought all the hoses were on but it must have rested against it and fooled me. Put it back on and its right as rain. Boost spikes a little but its what I'd expect until I get a tune.