ripbt1 New Member 12 Member For: 15y 5d Posted 21/10/12 03:36 AM Posted 21/10/12 03:36 AM hey guys, I got a wolf v500 from a previous car im almost ready for tuning question is,do I use the v500 or buy a sct and get a flash tune,im aiming for 350rwkw- 380rwkw I plan to stop there but you never know,will I have headaches installing the v500 and running it with the zf and other factory sensorsor will it be better better to sell the v500 and flash the car.secondly anyone know a good reliable tuner that I can speak toim in victoriacheers
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/10/12 03:37 AM Posted 21/10/12 03:37 AM Sell wolfy Get x3 End thread
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 1d Gender: Male Posted 21/10/12 03:49 AM Posted 21/10/12 03:49 AM As above
ripbt1 New Member 12 Member For: 15y 5d Posted 21/10/12 03:50 AM Author Posted 21/10/12 03:50 AM yer but why what reasons,will I have issues with it in the bf it ran awesome in in my turbo au never had an issue.do the x3 have any issues?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/10/12 04:11 AM Posted 21/10/12 04:11 AM Good luck getting vehicle security and module communication to work with the wolf, falcons arent skylines, sct or hp tuners are the go
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/10/12 04:19 AM Posted 21/10/12 04:19 AM yer but why what reasons,will I have issues with it in the bf it ran awesome in in my turbo au never had an issue.do the x3 have any issues?These cars are now 10 years old do u think your the first to ask this question ? Heaps of info in here just use the search function Ull quickly work out why Eec v1 was chit Current ecu's = awsome
ripbt1 New Member 12 Member For: 15y 5d Posted 21/10/12 04:24 AM Author Posted 21/10/12 04:24 AM (edited) what do mean vehicle security and module communication I dont know what that is, can please elaborate for me.I wanna make the right choice the first time but I dont wanna take "cause I said so" as a reason or "well that's what everyone else uses".or if you know someone that has used a wolf let me know so I can PM themits sometimes hard to find the answers I want using the search function I tried and gave up could take hours and I might not find an answer quicker to just start a thread Edited 21/10/12 04:26 AM by ripbt1
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/10/12 04:25 AM Posted 21/10/12 04:25 AM Use the serch function ffs Covered in depth heaps of times
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/10/12 05:06 AM Posted 21/10/12 05:06 AM The vehicles use a high speed canbus for critical module comms and vehicle security, if the main ecus dont recieve the correct signals from each module it can cause all sorts of issues. The standard pcm is fully equipped to handle over 1000hp comfortably while retaining fly by wire throttle and vct. If you interupt either the high ir medium speed canbus (by using wolf or similar) you will end up with no abs, dsc, car probably will not start. It can be made to work but flashing the stock ecu is tried and tested and works perfectly. You will not gain a thing (other than a major headache) by doing otherwise
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 21/10/12 05:08 AM Posted 21/10/12 05:08 AM Basically the AU didn't have half the electronic stuff that the B series onwards have. Therefore your wolf computer will not support this electronic stuff (vehicle security is what it is cant really elaborate on that, other stuff is traction control etc. The ICC talks to lots of things to allow the car to work that's part of security)The X3 and HP software supports everything due to using the factory ECU.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now