Zf6Spd Time For The Bin: Options?

tonyv

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 10d

what about the people that built RLQUIK's (Christians) ZF?

I thought it was rebuilt again or modified in some way by Nizpro.

I think if the zf is built properly and tuned properly you can get alot of trouble free klms out of it, mine is standard and has coped very well and has been to the track a fair few times,

surely a correctly built box would be even better.

Edited by rednose
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • EPC Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 23d

update:

So after persisting with the zf kewish autos pulled the box apart and reconditioned my converter, as this was the apparent reason for the box slipping and not shifting. Picked it up a month ago, auto shifting perfect under half throttle 3/4 throttle. I thought to baby it until I get to calder. ( 5 days until calder)

So when I get to calder this is what happened:

First run felt good but not the best, managed a 11.4 with a 1.85 60ft. Then went for a second run 15min later and that's when my problems started yet again. Had issues with the auto upshifting on its own off the line into 2nd when I didnt pull the lever, and as I try to change from 2nd to 3rd the auto would hit limiter then change into 3rd..

From this point on I notified kewish auto yet again, spoke to them about my situation and they cannot figure out why the auto keeps playing up, they said mechanically the box is 110% with all the clearances and clutches in order. On the street it was shifting ok but not spectacular, some slight flaring was there.

So still persisting to get this zf right I thought to try a new tuner, someone who tunes the zf to give it a shot, so got the car retuned along with new valve springs (cause my power was down due to stockers).

Ended up making healthy 370rwkw, the next day was test driving and yep the issue arose with some more grunt behind the pedal not shifting under full noise from 2nd to 3rd. Danny (springy) was playing with the torque tags, from standard, to less than standard, then to full torque reduction and the box was still not playing ball. The car is still getting sorted on the tuning side and I hope getting the zf tune will sort my problem out.. or is there an underlying problem somewhere else. I cannot figure this out!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 1d

what about the people that built RLQUIK's (Christians) ZF?

Tony from Yarra Valley, he built my 4 speed as well and it's still going 5 yrs later.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

Yarra valley have a awsome rep and putting the rungs on the board in the street racing scene

Maybe go see them tony ?

• Like 1

• EPC Member
  • Donating Members

Im giving kewish one last chance to fix it , he will be warranting the work so its worth a shot. He can pick his brain at it. If that fails yea il most likely take it to yarra valey. cheers ivan and jet

• EPC Member
  • Donating Members

Got my zf tune done today and picked up the car. In manual mode it shifts fine now which im very relieved about, but still has a small issue when in D. Im not worried about that as I drive the car manually all the time. So far so good. Fingers crossed it stays this way shifting.