B&E XR6 Member 8 Member For: 14y 2m 21d Gender: Male Posted 12/10/12 08:27 PM Posted 12/10/12 08:27 PM Hi guys, just a quick question. My engine light came on and flashed in intervals after I took off from a set of lights, then stopped about 50 meters down the road. Any suggestions ? The owners manual says oil temp, what could cause this ? And it was a cool night.
MY ROD GOT OUT Member 434 Member For: 16y 1m 1d Posted 12/10/12 08:38 PM Posted 12/10/12 08:38 PM Have u got a xcal? Any codes come up?
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 12/10/12 09:08 PM Posted 12/10/12 09:08 PM Have you changed your exhaust lately? 2nd oxy sensor can play up and do that.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 12/10/12 09:37 PM Posted 12/10/12 09:37 PM I think oil temp/pressure will beep at you as well as light turning on. If it didn't beep it's prob something else
B&E XR6 Member 8 Member For: 14y 2m 21d Gender: Male Posted 12/10/12 10:45 PM Author Posted 12/10/12 10:45 PM Thanks guys, no I don't have an xcal. I was thinking I should see someone to see if there are any codes.Yeah probably 3 months ago I removed the huge cannon muffler and just fitted a straight through muffler. Also I had just put fuel in, it was 98 octane, do you think that might have something to do with it ?
MY ROD GOT OUT Member 434 Member For: 16y 1m 1d Posted 12/10/12 10:50 PM Posted 12/10/12 10:50 PM Could be anything, get it scanned and should show a code to give u an idea of why the light came on. Car is stock yeh?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 12/10/12 10:52 PM Posted 12/10/12 10:52 PM Could be boost cut. Better get it checked out. anything after the cat technically shouldn't affect flow but you never know. Maybe your cat has high flowed itself.
B&E XR6 Member 8 Member For: 14y 2m 21d Gender: Male Posted 12/10/12 11:58 PM Author Posted 12/10/12 11:58 PM Yeah it's pretty much stock, just a bigger intercooler, k&n air filter and 3.5 inch exhaust from cat back. I will get it checked to be safe, thanks for the advice guys
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 14/10/12 09:25 AM Posted 14/10/12 09:25 AM Engine/Mil light is a fussy b!tch.. Mine came on the other week after I put a better cooler on with bigger piping. The oxy sensor didn't appreciate the car running at lower temps after that and the retune last week adjusted those sensor settings and haven't seen the light since!I've been in the exact same situation as you, but you will be guessing what it MIGHT be all day long until you get a tuner to sort it out 1
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 14/10/12 09:41 AM Posted 14/10/12 09:41 AM Was it definitely your engine light, not a traction light flashing at you. (just asking since you stated it happened when taking off from lights.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now