jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 13/08/12 05:09 AM Posted 13/08/12 05:09 AM hi, I have done some research and have come to the conclusion that N/A enign mounts and Turbo mounts are identical besides that Turbo ones have a bit of plastic and a strap? I have a brand new turbo mount that came with my car ready to put on (dont know why there was only one lol) but I need another one and ford want some stupid price for it. BUT as im wanting to keep same brand on both sides I was thinking of getting 2 N/A mounts and useing the straps etc from the original ones?has anyone done that? id rather not spend $260 for one mount!! when I can get N/A mount for under 60 bucks reason why I want to change them is they have a hell of allot of fine craks in them and the car has a bad vibration, also there the orginal after 223 000k's lolcheers
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 13/08/12 05:12 AM Posted 13/08/12 05:12 AM They are different for a reason bloke,the turbo one is designed to handle the torque.I have a N/A one in mine and after 15,000kms its going to be replaced with a turbo one very soon.The shoelace doesnt give it any strength lol.Up to you I guess,Id be putting the turbo one on the drivers side though if I were you.
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 13/08/12 05:59 AM Author Posted 13/08/12 05:59 AM hi thanks I was told the passenger side is the one that should be strapped? also told that the straps are there to stop the mounts tearing in boosted or high powered cars, is yours sagging or torn? if torn I guess thast why they strap them?cheers
cizzink11 Member 352 Member For: 14y 1m 28d Gender: Male Posted 14/08/12 12:05 AM Posted 14/08/12 12:05 AM (edited) my NA came with shoelace engine mounts from the factory Edited 14/08/12 12:06 AM by cizzink11
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 14/08/12 02:34 AM Author Posted 14/08/12 02:34 AM ok, have seen v8 and genuine normal mounts, there all teh same, just some have the straps and some dont, I say this as the numbers on the mounts (v8, turbo and n/a) all have the same numbers. so wtf why they costsoo much more lol I can get genuine v8 mounts (with straps) for 100 and turbo mounts are 260 lolill just get a genuine mount and strap it if its cheap if not will get the v8 ones haha
cizzink11 Member 352 Member For: 14y 1m 28d Gender: Male Posted 15/08/12 02:16 PM Posted 15/08/12 02:16 PM I think its more along the lines for people who don't know the difference between the two and just say "Ughh man my cars an xr6 turbo can I order some engine mounts"Then ford smiles and rams them up the ass.
ripbt1 New Member 12 Member For: 15y 4d Posted 01/09/12 03:20 AM Posted 01/09/12 03:20 AM I found these on ebay I know nothing about them,http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130757013291also its only the passenger side that needs the strap,I changed mine with n/a mounts and just made a strap for the passenger side its done 5000km so far no issues but if these fail ill go with the ebay ones myselfpassenger sidedrivers sidenew n/a driversnew n/a passenger side with custom strap
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 24/11/12 05:03 PM Author Posted 24/11/12 05:03 PM hey mate, only just saw this lol sorrywhere you get the strap stuff from? and how did you join it? looks stronger the factory hahaalso are those genuine or aftermarket? I got makay brand ones but yet to put em on
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 25/11/12 07:49 AM Author Posted 25/11/12 07:49 AM ok I take it its cloths line wire? I tried makeing one with Earth cable thast used to earth power box's in houses, pretty thick but im not usre if copper wire would be strong?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/11/12 09:18 AM Posted 25/11/12 09:18 AM search for ralph wiggum's billet engine mounts.never worry bout mounts ever againevaaaar.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now