XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 02/08/12 11:36 AM Posted 02/08/12 11:36 AM My turbo recently shat itself so I have replaced it with a new core and .70 front cover.While checking it all out tonight I noticed the new cover doesnt have the hole for the line which goes to the boost solenoid.My question is, does the cover need to be drilled and tapped for the pressure fitting or can I pick the boost pressure up from the intake manifold?Cheers Beau
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 12d Gender: Male Posted 02/08/12 12:06 PM Posted 02/08/12 12:06 PM Yeah drill and tap it mate or make up a metal joiner coming off hotside with a nipple tigged on it,that's what I did.
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 02/08/12 10:36 PM Author Posted 02/08/12 10:36 PM Yeah that's what I thought I would have to do.
stee3 Member 194 Member For: 15y 3m 7d Posted 03/08/12 12:33 AM Posted 03/08/12 12:33 AM Better of doing it on the comp cover for correct boost control. I did it to mates housing as well http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/80552-lost-my-rear-turbo-wheel/ I used the original fitting off the standard turbo housing. I cant rememeber exactly what size the tap was off the top of my head. The tap is still sitting in my glove box ill have a look on the way home and post what it is if you want.
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 03/08/12 12:51 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 12:51 AM That would be good if you can let me know what size it is, I'm also going to use the original fitting.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/08/12 12:56 AM Posted 03/08/12 12:56 AM 1/8 Npt
stee3 Member 194 Member For: 15y 3m 7d Posted 03/08/12 06:53 AM Posted 03/08/12 06:53 AM I use 1/8 BSPT
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 03/08/12 06:56 AM Posted 03/08/12 06:56 AM Let me know if ya want a hand, but with ya new job it should be easy as
turbowelshy89 Member 147 Member For: 16y 2m 6d Posted 03/08/12 07:17 AM Posted 03/08/12 07:17 AM Is be pulling the cover of the turbo.to drill and tap it. All I did with mine is tap into the line that goes to.the boost sensor in the bottom of the pw airbox. And my boost control is fine according to dave sheehySent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 03/08/12 07:21 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 07:21 AM Ej if you want to swing around I'll have beers in the fridge :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now