Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posted

Well since I was over in Germany again porsche bashing I thought id give the Ring another bash.

Tried being discreet this time but it just idles too loud so was stopped for a mic check again.

Barstewards.

197733_10151834605170121_410017975_n.jpg

600682_429988490355594_1106180312_n.jpg

  • Like 2
  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

didn't learn after the first time mate :( , time to make it a lil bit quieter

did you get up near the 180 mark on the autobarn?

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posted

Struggled to hit 140 this time.

Im going to stick a sports cat in it to bring the noise level down.

Found out that the tune is maxing out the injectors at 100% duty so holding power back way too much. It seems to be down to the fuel pump not beong able to keep up so the ecu is sticking th duty right to max.

Ordering a new Herrod drop in tank unit for more flow to solve the issues im having.

  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

I know the utes don't have as much fuel issues as the sedan, but I had a herrod intank unit, half a tank of juice and a dirty fuel filter. I now have a new engine, herrod pump and process west surge tank. If you are going to track this thing then make sure the fuel system is not close to its limits. It's more coin to set it up the car with a fair bit of headroom, but it's worth the piece of mind.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posted

I have just replaced the fuel filter.

The problem is the map has it running very rich down to 10's on afr at full throttle. The duty cycle reaches 100% which is more than likely the pump as it is now running 440cc @ 3bar injectors I got from atomic along with the engine and other bits.

Im sure its Herrods 230lph drop in unit im getting.

Only made 360Hp and 450ftlbs torque at the flywheel which is when we found out the rich running and duty cycle.

All good though as Herrod are sorting it out.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Get someone at footage next time you go there, all we have to experience it is Gran Turismo and Forza games.

  • Like 1
  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What I would give to drive any car around the ring let alone my BA. Please post footage next time your there!

PS: Just a little bit jealous...

  • Like 1
  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

and then some....

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

+1

Those are some pics you don't see very often. B series in front of the ring!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...