Few Territory Questions.

Sean Raynor

• Member For: 11y 10m 22d

I have set myself a goal.

Goal Criteria.

The car must be a safe Daily Driver that I can do 20,000k a year with no troubles.

The car must pull 450rwkw 600hp.

Budget = $50,000 (That includes Engine,drive chain, breaks, suspension and labour, tuning etc. Not the cost of the car itself

I currently have a xr6 and was planning on doing it to that car but I like the idea of doing it to a AWD car and the territory seems to be a great choice as its almost the same as my current car inside and I love my zf.

Plus the territory is so much more practical than the xr6. ( I absolutely hate my boot)

Now I know nothing about Territories so I need some help in making this discussion.

How much power can the stock AWD territories bottom end handle, and what would need to be done to take it to 500rwkw. (I will not actually be pushing 500 through it but I want it to have a lot of head room so its not being strained.)

All the turbo territories I have seen have their inter cooler sitting over their engines, is this because their isn't enough room in the front bumper for one? if not would I be able to fit a large inter cooler in the front of the car.

In the following video under load the front of the car raises and his front wheels loose enough traction to smoke. Is there a way to stop this or at least reduce it? (can you just reduce the power that is sent to the front?)

I am thinking of getting this car or one very similar.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/ford-territory-2007-12749635?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=12&eapi=2&__N=1246%201247%201252%201282%204294966463%204294966190%20904%201216%204294696630&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,20000~1&sort=default

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 24d

Drop your budget to $40k and spend the extra $10k and get yourself into a Turbo Ghia. Plenty around for the mid to high $20's. You should look at buying interstate like I did. Got myself a '08 SY TTG for $26,500 with 56k on the odo, full service history. The drive back to Perth is a good experience too. I believe I saved around $8-10k by buying interstate. Perth prices are just too high for my liking, given I've been offered $32k for it by a dealer as an outright buy.

Plenty of shops in Perth to help you off-load your cash to make it go fast. XFT, BPT, Monsta Torque are just a few places that come to mind. Simon has done a TTG which hauls arse, doubt it would have cost anywhere near $40k to modify it.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 8d

The territory that smokes the front wheel was XFT tuned And built.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

I have set myself a goal.

Goal Criteria.

The car must be a safe Daily Driver that I can do 20,000k a year with no troubles.

The car must pull 450rwkw 600hp.

Can't be done IMO if you plan on actually using that amount of power.