fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 6d Posted 27/05/12 04:15 PM Posted 27/05/12 04:15 PM Anyone no how to achieve a slow flutter / dose I heard a f6 the other day sounded killer!,
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/05/12 04:33 PM Posted 27/05/12 04:33 PM usually big boost will do it and a nice short air intake setup + it depends how you take your foot off the throttle.Build boost then jump off with no bov or too small a bov and ya get a quick flutter..same setup build up boost then take your foot off the throttle half as quick and you can make the flutter slower. Even pausing half way thru your throttle release can cause it to flutter pause then start fluttering again.You get over it pretty quickly though.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 27/05/12 07:31 PM Posted 27/05/12 07:31 PM Bigger the intake and filter, slower the Flutter in my experience. And of course no bov.
daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 27/05/12 09:11 PM Posted 27/05/12 09:11 PM Yeah go a 4 inch intake off the turbo and you will get a slower dose and a 3 inch will give you a quicker more high pitched one
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 27/05/12 09:15 PM Posted 27/05/12 09:15 PM Just put a couple of turkeys under the bonnet 1
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 27/05/12 09:46 PM Posted 27/05/12 09:46 PM that's what shy has to doHA! 1
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/12 10:56 PM Posted 27/05/12 10:56 PM Take the intake off all together and go for a spin around the block.Don't drive like this all the time if you wan't your turbo to last though...
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 6d Posted 29/05/12 12:44 PM Author Posted 29/05/12 12:44 PM Hey guys I use to have a vl turbo back in the days and I remember my dose was super slow sounded tuff. I tried to do it on my xr and it just seems like a normal higher pitch flutter.
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 6d Posted 29/05/12 12:51 PM Author Posted 29/05/12 12:51 PM Omg me and vanda just done this blocked off the bov and took the front turbo pipe to leave the front housing exposed and we both just looked at each other like wow that soundeds nuts! It sounded like I had the pw race box on it. But I took it off die to changing setups. I'm curious I put it back together because I don't want to stuff my turbo up by sucking in sh*t but could you put a air pod right on the front housing? I noticed my car didn't go as hard is that because it's sucking in hot air? I always though it was to Do with how big/small your cooler pipes are and how big for intercooler is
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 6d Posted 29/05/12 12:52 PM Author Posted 29/05/12 12:52 PM I just bought a gtx35 turbo I'm looking forward to hearing that with the surge slot and a race box on the front of it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now