188ite Member 18 Member For: 14y 11m 19d Posted 17/05/12 02:53 AM Posted 17/05/12 02:53 AM Hey guys,Got a weird situation, got my ba xr6t tuned this week, 14pound tune making 260rwkw, this is a beefed up 4 speed auto with stally(was told this is the reason for low power on dyno) Anyway, take it out of the dyno place on the road, 1st gear, struggles to hit 10 pound, 2nd gear 12pound and surging between 10 and 12 pound. The car has a turbosmart internal wastegate actuator with a 7 pound spring installed so I wouldn't of thought this would be the problem. It has all the other mods required for this high boost(surge tank injectors, cat, valve springs) , my question is, could this just be from the tuning process with the boost solenoid control? Because being on the dyno it has no load, then on the street under load, making sh*t boost in 1st and 2nd gear, I've only loaded it up a few times in 3rd and that is the same too. Anyone else has this situation?
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 6d Gender: Male Posted 17/05/12 03:05 AM Posted 17/05/12 03:05 AM I haven't had this situation but I suggest you take it to a new tuner asap.
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 17/05/12 03:06 AM Posted 17/05/12 03:06 AM Win!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/05/12 03:06 AM Posted 17/05/12 03:06 AM You need to replace your tuner. Pretty common fault on these cars 2
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 17/05/12 03:07 AM Posted 17/05/12 03:07 AM Sounds like there is a problem with the tune or gauge. My boost gauge shows the same amount of boost as the dyno sheet.
188ite Member 18 Member For: 14y 11m 19d Posted 17/05/12 03:08 AM Author Posted 17/05/12 03:08 AM Well some guys would be blown away if I named the shop. Alot of people around Brisbane and Gold coast think high of them, that's why I think it could be something else.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/05/12 03:10 AM Posted 17/05/12 03:10 AM So you have spoken to/taken the car back for them to check out?
188ite Member 18 Member For: 14y 11m 19d Posted 17/05/12 03:10 AM Author Posted 17/05/12 03:10 AM It aint the boost gauge that's for sure, the car is making crap power on the road too
188ite Member 18 Member For: 14y 11m 19d Posted 17/05/12 03:12 AM Author Posted 17/05/12 03:12 AM I rang them the first time, said it could be the 02 sensor, bought a genuine ford sensor, $400, didnt change a thing, they also did a 10 pound tune for me, and that is lucky to hit 5psi! And that surges a little bit too.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/05/12 03:12 AM Posted 17/05/12 03:12 AM Well some guys would be blown away if I named the shop. Alot of people around Brisbane and Gold coast think high of them, that's why I think it could be something else.Hmmmm PM me as I think I know the answer
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now